Array won't start with new hard drive

Hello

I added new hard drive to my unraid server but the array won't start.

Here is what it looks like when I stop the server:

bxEQRlo.jpg

Then I check "yes i want to do this" and hit start

tEQnCpn.jpg

On the bottom it says Spinning up all drives...Restart SMB... and it goes right back to the first screen.

If I remove Disk 4 and hit start it comes up just fine.

What could be the problem ?

thanks

Here is the log

http://pastebin.com/S3DcjBg4

Update to the latest release. Some of the RC versions had a bug that wouldn't allow adding a drive unless it was precleared first with Joe L's script. It wouldn't be a bad idea to preclear the drive before adding it anyway, to make sure the drive is ok, and keep the array available instead of having it offline for hours while the drive is cleared.

someone please help I have no idea what to do :(
I would recommend preclearing the drive, using screen over telnet, or at the physical console.

There is obviously an issue here, as what you describe was supposed to be fixed, but instead of beating your head against it, I'd just preclear the drive.

What EXACTLY did you do to upgrade? Did you remove any and all addons? I suspect if you disable all third party stuff it will start working.

I would recommend preclearing the drive, using screen over telnet, or at the physical console.

There is obviously an issue here, as what you describe was supposed to be fixed, but instead of beating your head against it, I'd just preclear the drive.

What EXACTLY did you do to upgrade? Did you remove any and all addons? I suspect if you disable all third party stuff it will start working.

I just replaced bzroot, bzimage and syslinux.cfg and then rebooted

I just replaced bzroot, bzimage and syslinux.cfg and then rebooted

Seems very likely this is due to a plugin.    That issue (not adding a drive that wasn't pre-cleared)  was resolved for v5.0.    But you've upgrade a pretty big jump from RC10, so it's likely you have a plugin that was part of the issue that's still in place.    Upgrade to v5.0, then do a "Safe Mode" reboot and then add the drive.