Rapidshare premium account web-based downloader

I have made a java-based web downloader that runs on the unraid server.  All you need to install is the bubba-raid unraid configuration and the java jdk 1.5 and jboss.

It's actually pretty cool if you download a lot from rapidshare.  You just put your links in the dialoag box and hit download... your download will start on the server and will continue until it's finished.

You can be at work/school, start your downloads and have then ready by the time your home.  It's very convient... atleast for me.

here is a screen shot, let me know if anyone is interested.

rs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I used a command line xownloader for quite a bit, but I like the wb based approach much better.

My unraid server is offline for the week for improvements so the screen shot will be back up after the weekend, sorry bout that.

If you like what you let me know. I will be starting a google code site soon and Ill post the link.

No screenshot included :-)

What I usually do, is dump the rapidshare cookie from firefox and move it to my server.

There I have a file called download.txt, which I parse like this:

while read line; do
   wget --load-cookies /path/to/cookies -c $line
done < download.txt

Gr,

Deva

• 3 weeks later...

the intended audience is rapidshare premium account holders. I played around with window's based apps for non-premium accounts and always had trouble when downloading large amounts.  If you have found a good non-premium account rapidshare downloader that can handle downloading of dvds/blu ray movies, please let me know and i will try to mimic the way that app works into my web-based downloader.

How is USdownloader? ever had trouble downloading 10-20 gigs a day?

No.

It is very good. It even auto-updates - and doesn't handle only rapidshare but a hundred more such services.

Of course those that need the "reading" of graphics symbols are ruled out in a linux based web application, as they use a complete OCR solution (hidden inside USDownloader that calls the dll).

no nothing that tricky - rapishare for non-premium accounts just makes you wait a certain time between downloads - so it retries waiting

it was possible to make your router reset via a script (cooperating with USDownloader) so if you have dynamic IP to get a new one and start immediately, but I never bothered (I prefer letting it wait all night to finish than re-login all the time)