automatic downloading of subtitles

lumpumun

i am using Plex to watch my media on my devices, but on my iMac i have XBMC running only for the subtitles... the subtitles plugin is awesome, lets you choose from different sites to get them and you can instantly see if it is out of sync or not... in case it is out of sync, XBMC has this awesome little feature to show the subtitle a bit sooner or later.. once you figured that out then you can always use something like subler to change the subtitle permamently...

another benefit of doing this instead of using plex for automatically downloading the wrong subtitle, is that can place the subtitle with the media file instead of some obscure directory that you can't find anyway

i am using Plex to watch my media on my devices, but on my iMac i have XBMC running only for the subtitles... the subtitles plugin is awesome, lets you choose from different sites to get them and you can instantly see if it is out of sync or not... in case it is out of sync, XBMC has this awesome little feature to show the subtitle a bit sooner or later.. once you figured that out then you can always use something like subler to change the subtitle permamently...

Plex also has the same mechanism for adjusting subtitle delay, you can use either shortcut keys or the osd menu.

Archived