Unraid crashing while using 4TB drive

I recently got a new 4TB Seagate hdd (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178338) and have been having some troubles integrating it into my current server. First, when trying to preclear it on my main server, it would error during the clear, and crash the server, causing the machine to drop off my network, and any attempt to wake the machine with a local keyboard would fail. however, when i put the disk on an 8 year old dell i had laying around, i was able to preclear it with zero issues. I put the drive back into my main server thinking i had a corrupt file, and updated that server to unraid 5.0 final (moving only the config directory to the new build, and installing unmenu) in order to try using the drive again. i removed the parity from the server, started it, stopped it, put the new 4TB drive as parity, the old 3TB parity drive as another data disk, and started the server again to rebuild the parity. it made it past the 50% mark before crashing, however this time i managed to get some info from the computer. The pictures i have of the error are at the following link

The first  image is from a crash while using 5.0 rc11 to run the pre-clear, the second is from using 5.0 final to run the parity check.

The only error i've seen showing up is the irq error, which happens as the computer crashes, with nothing before it in the syslog (sadly i don't know where that syslog text file has gone). Any help on figuring this out would be appreciated

EDIT: just noticed i still have a putty window open

root@ShadowOfIntent:/#

Message from syslogd@ShadowOfIntent at Tue Oct 22 23:26:49 2013 ...

ShadowOfIntent kernel: do_IRQ: 0.77 No irq handler for vector (irq -1)

Two ideas off the cuff - have you tried running UNRAID in safemode first? I ask due to your go script having errors trying to install packages that do not exist. You could have something else installed that's mucking with things. Also, you may want to check to see if there is an updated BIOS for your motherboard.

I can say that those drives don't have any issue with UNRAID. I have three of them in my setup and am currently clearing three more to replace my last three EARS drives.

The error from trying to install a non-existant package is actually from my go script, which i forgot to modify to remove the hamachi install from. i have no sata cards installed, all ports being used are based on the motherboard, i'll look for a bios update though, and see if that helps fix the problem, i'll also remove the hamachi install part of my go script

Archived