1st attempt at 60TB server

Tim Timmens

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You attached a very tiny graphic -- definitely NOT a SMART report  :)

Do this:

(1)  Copy the 3 reports for the drive that finished the pre-clear already to folder in your PC (perhaps "SmartReports").

(2)  Right-click on each of those files and rename them with a .DOC extension (so they'll open in Word or -- if you don't have it -- WordPad).    You could also use TXT, but Word/Wordpad will format them better.

(3)  Attach the .DOC file with the final SMART report to your next post  :)

The disk is excellent.  There are no parameters of any concern at all.  No reallocated sectors;  no pending reallocations;  no values different than their initial 100 or 200 (depends on the parameter) except those that reflect measurements (e.g. temperature, spin-up time, etc.).

In short -- an essentially "perfect" report  :)

I have a pair of UnRAID servers (and a couple of test servers as well).

My primary one is for media ... but it's just a media file server -- none of the add-ons many others like to use (Plex, etc.).    I play the collection via Windows Media Player or PowerDVD, depending on which system I'm watching it on.

My other server is just for backups of all the PC's in the house and assorted other stuff.

Both servers are fully backed up.

Btw, do you use unRAID for media server proposes? This in my intention, just wondering if you do what media player you used?

Tim,

I haven't read through your entire post but I hope it is going well.  I have just started my first build.  As for the media player have you looked at Plex?  It is an add on to unRaid.  It has apps for everything and looks pretty straight forward.  The interface looks nice and clean.

Btw, do you use unRAID for media server proposes? This in my intention, just wondering if you do what media player you used?

I run Plex on my unRaid. For media players I have a number of different devices, including Rokus (Roku 1 and Roku 2, will be buying a Roku 3 soon), Samsung Smart TV w/ native Plex app, Plex Home Theater on PC's/Macs, iPads, iPhones, etc. That's the great thing about Plex, there are numerous Plex clients. If there's a piece of hardware out there that can stream, there's probably a Plex client for it.

I'm particularly partial to the native client for Samsung Smart TV's as well as the Rokus, they work flawlessly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no eperience with a Dune media player.  That said, your share settings look corect and should work.  I assume you are trying to connect to the user share and not the disk share?

Can the Dune "see" the share?  Don't know what type of functionality is in the Dune, but can you ping the server from the Dune?  Can the Dune resolve the hostname of the server?  Have you attempted to connect via IP instead of hostname?

I am trying to upgrade unRIAD to 5.0.4 hoping it may solve my problem.

On the upgrade guide it says to copy over the 'bzimage' bzroot' & 'readme.txt' also 'memtest' if you want.

I accessed the flash on my web browser and copied over the items by dragging it but this does not work as web browser says web page not found.

How do I upgrade?