[preclear_disk.sh] Should I use the -A flag?

Do you have a link to a newer compatible Slackware package?

When installing out of unMENU there was a notification that the existing (stock) is 3.0.7

I don't know if there is an even more up-to-date version.

Then don't install it from unMENU's package manager. 

Remember, there are many users of unMENU with 4,X versions of unRAID that shipped with older versions of rsync.

Thanks for the quick reply

version 1.14 is now available.  Hopefully the improved wording

on the output will make it more clear in the future when dealing with disks > 2.2TB.

I just finished preclearing 2 3TB drives using 1.13.  I used -A.  Is this going to be a problem?

no problem.

The "-a" and '-A" are silently ignored on disks greater than 2.2TB.  They always get a GPT partition aligned on a 4k boundary.

• 4 weeks later...

on the output will make it more clear in the future when dealing with disks > 2.2TB.

I just finished preclearing 2 3TB drives using 1.13.  I used -A.  Is this going to be a problem?

no problem.

The "-a" and '-A" are silently ignored on disks greater than 2.2TB.  They always get a GPT partition aligned on a 4k boundary.

I take it that this won't be a problem as you've just stated, but I wanted to ask again in regards to my situation. I precleared three 3TB drives back in June 2013 but got too busy to complete my unRAID project. I'm back at it now and with one more 3TB drive. I'm going to use preclear v1.14 the new drive. Would there be any benefit of me preclearing the other drives again with this newest 1.14 version since I don't have any data on them yet?

no problem.

I take it that this won't be a problem as you've just stated, but I wanted to ask again in regards to my situation. I precleared three 3TB drives back in June 2013 but got too busy to complete my unRAID project. I'm back at it now and with one more 3TB drive. I'm going to use preclear v1.14 the new drive. Would there be any benefit of me preclearing the other drives again with this newest 1.14 version since I don't have any data on them yet?

If they were already successfully pre-cleared (and not yet used or assigned to the array), there is no need to use the newer preclear again.

The newer version prevents you from accidentally clearing the wrong drive (better check t see if it is already assigned) on the 5.X series releases and has better error messages and prompts when dealing with drives over 2.2TB.