glFTPd Plugin for unRAID 5.0

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

If you go to the plugins directory in /boot/config/plugins/glftpd you find two scripts (mountscript.sh and unmountscript.sh) there. These are the correct place to put your commands to create mountpoints and mount dirs. Have a look at the comments in the files. :)

No need to use the go file. mountscript.sh will be executed when your array goes online and unmountscript.sh will be executed when your array goes offline.

If there is a shell command to stop it, you should be able to use it in unmountscripts.sh. :) But I don't use eggdrop, so I can't tell you. :( Maybe flake has an idea?

I can just put killall -9 eggdrop in that file, that should do it. Maybe one of you can help with my other issue. Eggdrops won't run as the root user, any idea how I can change the process owner and have it run as someone else? Apparently you can't have a persistent telnet user other than root.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you SlrG and flake! My glftpd setup is now running perfect from top to bottom. I definitely could not have done it without your help. In case anyone is interested, here is what I put in the mountscript.sh to start the eggdrop.

cd /mnt/cache/ww/ && sudo -u ww ./eggdrop ww.conf

and here is what I put in the unmountscript to kill it:

killall -9 eggdrop

• 5 weeks later...

Me again...

Because of the OPENSSL vulnerability i want to upgrade glftpd, which I have done. It is mandatory to create a new certificate. My certificates are creating with an expiration year of 1904. Any thoughts on how I can rectify this? Are you guys having a similar issue if you create a certificate?

• 10 months later...

Any possibility of this being upgraded to an unraid 6 plugin?

This is my glFTPd Plugin for unRAID 5.0.  :)

Please feel free to test it and report back if there are problems. I will continue testing myself. Until further notice this should be considered a development release.

To install it, unzip and put the plugin into /boot/config/plugins and reboot. Go to the Settings tab and enter the plugins settings. Change settings according to your needs and click enable.

Be aware, that this plugin DOESN'T use tcpd for glftpd access and does a NOT jailed installation.

After the installation glftpd will at first only be available locally through your servers console or a telnet session. Only a single administrative FTP user named glftpd was created and has the password glftpd. You have to create users and make them accessible from other hosts yourself.

See the links in the plugin settings or in the README.txt for more information about it.

Roadmap:

none yet

Known Issues:

none yet

SlrG

--

2013-11-13 v0.1 Initial Development Release on 5.0

2013-11-13 v0.1a Removed tip to use mount bind, as mount and umount scripts are already included.

• 1 month later...

As the glftpd docker I recommended above seems to be broken, I started looking into creating a new one, or if this fails releasing this plugin for v6. It will take some time however, so stay tuned.

I tried it as well and the file paths (his docker looks for sbin) seem to be different than Slackware/unraid so it seems your right, it won't work. I will do my best to wait patiently :) glad to hear youre working in it.