Is my MoBo compatible?

I've been working on design for a new unraid but I notice the motherboard I was planning on using is not on the compatibility list.

Motherboard- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CLOUwpegyb0CFeRlOgodQGwAjQ&Item=N82E16813138353&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Intel+Motherboards-_-N82E16813138353&ef_id=Sk1i80NIYWYAABZ3CkcAAASA:20140405113404:s

CPU- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116773

I'm hoping someone else has some experience with this that they can share. Or perhaps some suggestions for equivalent MoBo's/CPUs. Would really like to have a motherboard that "just works" and doesn't require a lot of troubleshooting.

• 2 weeks later...

wgstarks, can I ask have you used that Asrock board? I only ask as I am totally new to this and I have purchased the components for my build and I have read some posts (old admittedly) that suggest there are problems with the Realtek RTL8111E gigabit LAN controller. This board has one, as does the MSI board I have ordered. Can you confirm that this LAN controller works ok with unRAID?

wgstarks, can I ask have you used that Asrock board? I only ask as I am totally new to this and I have purchased the components for my build and I have read some posts (old admittedly) that suggest there are problems with the Realtek RTL8111E gigabit LAN controller. This board has one, as does the MSI board I have ordered. Can you confirm that this LAN controller works ok with unRAID?

Sorry. I was exploring options when I posted this thread but my plans have changed a great deal.

Current plans- http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=32848.msg301711#msg301711

Maybe someone else might be able to answer.

..search the forums...that board as been used and got recommended quite a lot in the past, when 1155 was hype...with unRAID 5 released, support for Realtek chips have improved.

Well I have been reading forums, this is the problem. I am reading a lot of conflicting information to be honest and the information regarding that Realtek controller was actually on the wiki page along with the hardware compatibility information (which also is quite out of date). See my problem is I am a complete Linux n00b, so this is all a bit daunting at the moment. I'll be starting my build in a couple of days so when I get into it I'm sure it will be less so. I was just trying to get some re-assurance about the components I have ordered.

Something to keep in mind is the worst case scenario is if the on-board NIC doesn't work you can always buy another NIC that does. I've had the onboard NIC not work on one of my ASUS MBs, so just bought an Intel E1000 which works like a charm (and cost $30).

It's not a perfect solution as it's always nice when all the on-board components work as designed, but there are often cheap workarounds if all else goes wrong.