Just finished installing UnRaid but Windows cannot see it

I just finished setting up an Unraid Server.  I have formatted my data drive and both data and parity are green.  I can log into the management utility, however I can't get windows to see the UnRaid Server.  Heeeeeeelp!  I have no idea what to do now. 

I have to say the instructions are horrible.  There really should be a Getting Started Guide that takes you all the way from installing to accessing the drives via Windows. 

Can you ping by IP address the server?  Did you set it up to use a static IP addresss (a good idea!).  I presume you can ping it as you wouldn't be able o get the management interface working in your web browser if you couldn't.

I personally like the idea of setting the unRaid server to be the Master Browser as it's always on so there should be no issues with re-elections and the delay that can happen with the workgroups propagating the information around the workgroup (which is probably the problem you are seeing).

You could always add the ip address and hostname of your server to your hosts file and then it will definately always work (you have to have the unRaid server's IP address static for this one though).

HTH

Matt :)