Are all the 8-port cards the same?

So the clown shipped the item today and estimated delivery is next Tuesday. I live 8 hours away from the seller, and he ships via SmartPost. Priority Mail would have been $5 and it would have been next day delivery. I'm guessing he saved $2, but now I have to wait EIGHT days for the package to go 8 hours west when the listing said expedited shipping was standard. Stingy bastard  >:( >:(>:(

/rant

Hopefully it won't take anywhere near 8 days ... that estimate is, I suspect, a worst case time -- and the fact you're close may very well give you surprisingly better results  :)

I've had SmartPost take 2 weeks to get to me from CA to CO :( Seller says it cost more to ship SmartPost than USPS Priority, so I have no idea why he wouldn't just ship Priority.

The card arrived today, so only 4 days to travel what should have taken 8 hours, but I digress.

Do I need to do anything special with this card like flash new firmware to it? It's an m1115 so I believe it's identical to the m1015. Can I install it without any drives attached?

The card arrived today, so only 4 days to travel what should have taken 8 hours, but I digress.

Do I need to do anything special with this card like flash new firmware to it? It's an m1115 so I believe it's identical to the m1015. Can I install it without any drives attached?

I flashed my M1015 many moons ago with the LSI IT firmware. If you search you may find my posts about it around the time I did it. Heck if I can remember much about it now.

Here is a link I found that may be helpful. I cannot attest to these instructions but they look pretty trustworthy.

https://www.syxin.com/2014/03/crossflashing-an-ibm-m1115-raid-controller-to-lsi-firmware/

• 2 weeks later...

So just to follow up, I was able to flash the m1115 card to IT mode and move all the existing drives to the m1115 and everything is working well it seems. Also, I've run 6 parity checks overnight and NO ERRORS on any of them!  ;D ;D ;D Now I just need to get sleep working and SMART data to pass from the drives and I'll be good to go.

If anyone wants to help, the temp question is here.

Sleep question here.

Archived