Strange problems mounting unRAID shares in Ubuntu

kaiguy

I'm experiencing a strange issue mounting my unRAID shares in Ubuntu.  If I run 'mount -a', they mount no problemo.  If I use autofs, they mount.  Here's my /etc/fstab:

//pandora.saturn.lan/Logs	/mnt/plexlogs	cifs	username=user,password=pass,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm	0	0
//titan.saturn.lan/cache	/mnt/cache	cifs	guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,_netdev	0	0
//titan.saturn.lan/TV		/mnt/user/TV	cifs	guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,_netdev	0	0

What I'm trying to do is mimic the internal unRAID paths for these two shares on my Ubuntu VM due to some software that needs the same path.  So I'm mounting said shares as such.  On boot, the logs directory is always successfully mounted (this is a Windows VM).  But for the life of me my unRAID shares just don't.  I can't wrap my head around it since they can mount manually. 

If someone has any suggestions, or even a hack, I'm all ears.  Thanks!!

CIFS always gives me troubles, so I've pretty much stopped using it for linux machines.  Instead I use NFS, as I've never had any troubles.  And I've heard there is less overhead, but I don't actually know.

Anyways its not the solution you were looking for, but here is an example fstab I load up on my VMs.

10.0.0.3:/mnt/user/TV /media/unraid/TV  nfs auto 0 0
10.0.0.3:/mnt/user/Movies /media/unraid/Movies  nfs auto 0 0

The only reason I don't use NFS is because I've heard of issues related to user shares and stale file handlers, running out of memory, etc.

I am using nfs for a backup disk share, but I ran into some issues even with that in the past. If I start using it on a user share with a ton of files, I'm worries I'll lose stability.