First time going unraid here need some advice!

I hope you mean "copying" instead of "moving".  You should NEVER "move" a file.  Copy it;  VERIFY the copy; and then delete it.  That's a FAR safer approach.    You should, of course, also have backups, but that's another story ...

LOL yeah you are right i just moved it ... I have everything backed up in a USB external drive in case i do something wrong but so far i am loving this build ..... Just installed SABnzbd via docker and wooooooooow i don't know how to tell you this but my speed tripled from my windows computer i used to download stuff :) i also added nzbdrone ...

I have a few questions about docker .... whenever i use the plugin with the templates the programs cant really access my stuff but if i add this to the path of installation the program can freely navigate my unraid ..

/mnt/user:/mnt/user

I really don't know much about docker and linux  and since i am starting up i would love to know the reasoning or how it works so i can understand it better .

Thanks

Shremi

I have a few questions about docker .... whenever i use the plugin with the templates the programs cant really access my stuff but if i add this to the path of installation the program can freely navigate my unraid ..

/mnt/user:/mnt/user

I really don't know much about docker and linux  and since i am starting up i would love to know the reasoning or how it works so i can understand it better .

I added this to your other post, perhaps it will help explain some things.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33822.msg315427#msg315427

I added this to your other post, perhaps it will help explain some things.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33822.msg315427#msg315427

Thanks for the link justin ... that really explains a lot of my doubts and the reasoning you used i believe its the best way because thats is the only way i could get nzbdrone to view my existing shows .. and also i could map SAB to the right folder i would like to download ... the watched folder and so on ...  Since i installed couchpotato from the plugin there is no way it could search for my existing movies i just want to know if there is a way to use the /mnt/user:/mnt/user within the plugin ????

The only downside i believe is that you have to upgrade the app manually via terminal but its really fun i'm starting to learn the commands in terminal  :D

Justin do you have Plex installed i believe it i'm having problems viewing my Movies and Tv shows from plex ... bc the way the plugins installs it

Thanks

Shremi

You're welcome.

Since you're a bit new to unRAID, you may or may not know that plugins were the system used in version 5 for installing programs like SAB and SickBeard.

However, in version 6, we got the ability to create virtual machines, which allowed us to install these programs in a separate OS, usually a variant of Linux.

With version6, beta6 we got docker, which allows us to install programs inside a docker container (which is what I believe you're using).

I explain all this so that we can use the right terminology moving forward, so we don't talk over ourselves and mis-communicate.

You said

Since i installed couchpotato from the plugin
I'm not sure if you mean the docker plugin, which offers templates to install the individual docker programs, or if you actually used one of the 'old' plugins to install CouchPotato.  I assume you mean the docker plugin to install the CP docker image.

If so, the docker plugin has a CouchPotato template, and that should allow you to add a path where you can enter /mnt/user on the left and the right, them be sure to hit the "Add Path" button.  I believe you can leave the other 2 paths blank without issue.

You may have to remove the current couchpotato image before re-adding it with the template.  the docker plugin allows you to do this easily.

If you get stuck, ask more questions.  Good luck.

You're welcome.

Since you're a bit new to unRAID, you may or may not know that plugins were the system used in version 5 for installing programs like SAB and SickBeard.

However, in version 6, we got the ability to create virtual machines, which allowed us to install these programs in a separate OS, usually a variant of Linux.

With version6, beta6 we got docker, which allows us to install programs inside a docker container (which is what I believe you're using).

I explain all this so that we can use the right terminology moving forward, so we don't talk over ourselves and mis-communicate.

You said

Since i installed couchpotato from the plugin
I'm not sure if you mean the docker plugin, which offers templates to install the individual docker programs, or if you actually used one of the 'old' plugins to install CouchPotato.  I assume you mean the docker plugin to install the CP docker image.

If so, the docker plugin has a CouchPotato template, and that should allow you to add a path where you can enter /mnt/user on the left and the right, them be sure to hit the "Add Path" button.  I believe you can leave the other 2 paths blank without issue.

You may have to remove the current couchpotato image before re-adding it with the template.  the docker plugin allows you to do this easily.

If you get stuck, ask more questions.  Good luck.

Thanks Justin yeah i meant the docker plugin ... I will try to add couchpotato with your suggestions and report back .

Also do you have any advice for plex i cant seem to get into my Movies or tv shows

sorry, I don't use Plex.  I've seen a lot of posts about others having issues with Plex, but haven't followed along, since I just don't use it.  If you search the docker forums, you'll find a lot of information which may resolve your issues.

Solved ..... if you want to properly have access to the array when you are adding a docker container you should add a path on the template and then put /mnt/user on the left and on the right....

I am now up and running i still have a long way to go but i would like to thank everyone who took their time to help me out to get my server working properly .  Really a great support from the community.

I wish this forum had a REP system but for now i'll mark this thread as solved . And if a something comes up i'll ask in the proper thread again a million thanks .

Shremi