How to incremental move library while keeping XBMC watched count

Im setting up a friend with unraid 5.0.5 but we will be migrating his tv shows over a period of a few weeks due to limited space so we are preclearing 1 drive at a time as they are emptied.  I know i can save the xbmc view count tag to the nfo file of each episode by selecting export library.  However how do i import these watched stats back if im not doing a 1 shot import?

Normally i:

export all the xbmc jpgs and update the nfo's

Move the entire library

Wipe xbmc

re setup the directories

import entire library

If i have the advanced.xml  set to <importwatchedstate>false</importwatchedstate>  will it automatically pickup the watched state without running import?

If your using User shares XBMC doesn't care where the files are you simply just move your files around. If your using Drive Shares with XBMC thats a different story.

At my house I have 4 XBMC Clients and I'd guess several Wireless devices that connect to my User Shares and I move files around all the time. Nobody ever notices.

Unless of course I'm confused about your database or unless your using some crazy centralized database scheme. I just let each machine track its own content and dump all my files on my server for scraping by each client.

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm understanding correctly and the XBMC database is stored on the system it's installed on (i.e. no central database), then you will want to export the database using the XBMC export command (use the multiple files export).  Once ready to import, set the advancedsettings importwatchedstatus to TRUE (and resume status if you want that), then import again using the import command within XBMC.  That should be all you need to do to retain the watched status info, it exports automatically when you export the database from XBMC.