Is there a docker for : PyLoad (or another Download manager) ?

Hi, i'm looking for a docker that is good to download files in multi-parts.  I have an account on a Torrent Seedbox and when the torrents are completed, I download them in https.  The seedbox is not very fast for https download, so they suggest using a download manager that download in parts.  PyLoad does just that and has a web UI to add and manages the downloads.

Is there a docker for that for unraid ? (or an other that does similar) ?

Can anyone adapt this one for Unraid ?  I'm not able to :(

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/jahroots/docker-pyload/

Hi gfjardim,

I have an issue... both PyLoad and Owncloud use the Port 8000.

I did try to add --ip=192.168.2.200 (an unused IP address on my LAN) to the docker.cfg and thought that by running in Bridge the new Pyload, It would run on that IP address and work, but it said that the Ports are unavailable because they are already in use.

I did tried to understand the post about the Bridge vs Net=Host, but I think i did not understand it...

Here is my setup :

1. Bridge for Xen

2. Xen VM for a Ubuntu12 server (for UniFi 3.2.1 only - hopefully, a docker will be made :D)

3. All current Docker running in Net=Host (because Otherwise I can't access them...)

Ideal setup :

1. No more Xen, migrate all to Docker.

2. All docker running in Net=Bridge (with a different IP than the host ??)

How to achieve "Ideal Setup" ?  (or at least point 2.) ??

Ok, but just a question regarding the Docker.cfg configuration.

Do I need to put the IP address of my Unraid server (192.168.2.6) in my line --ip=192.168.2.6 ?  Will that let me run that in Bridge ?

Also, what is the use of "Priviledged" Checkbox in the Extended Docker Management page ??

Ok, but just a question regarding the Docker.cfg configuration.

Do I need to put the IP address of my Unraid server (192.168.2.6) in my line --ip=192.168.2.6 ?  Will that let me run that in Bridge ?

Yes, if you want to use a network bridge, you have to add that to your docker.cfg file. Ah, containers that use "host" network may require to run privileged if you use bridges.

If my Unraid IP is 192.168.2.6, I need to add " --ip=192.168.2.6" in the Docker.cfg.  Can I then run all my Docker in Bridge with "Priviledge" On ?  I mean, is there any downside on checking the check box on each of them?

The line is correct.

Take a look: https://docs.docker.com/reference/run/#runtime-privilege-and-lxc-configuration

The --privileged option gives an unrestricted access to all your devices from a container, so it's best to avoid it unless necessary.

If my Unraid IP is 192.168.2.6, I need to add " --ip=192.168.2.6" in the Docker.cfg.  Can I then run all my Docker in Bridge with "Priviledge" On ?  I mean, is there any downside on checking the check box on each of them?

The line is correct.

Take a look: https://docs.docker.com/reference/run/#runtime-privilege-and-lxc-configuration

The --privileged option gives an unrestricted access to all your devices from a container, so it's best to avoid it unless necessary.

It doesn't work.

Here is my full docker.cfg :

# Generated settings:
DOCKER_HOME="/mnt/btrfs/docker"
DOCKER_OPTS="--storage-driver=btrfs --ip=192.168.2.6"
DOCKER_CONTAINERS="nzbdrone2,nzbget,ownCloud,PlexMediaServer,PlexWatch"

I removed a container of Owncloud (port 8000).  Then, I re-add a Owncloud that use the "my-owncloud" template, but I just changed the Net=Host to Net=Bridge, and I leaved it on 8000 because there wasn't anything using that port (PyLoad wasn't start).

Do I need something special with the bridge created for Xen too ?

EDIT -  FORGET IT, it works... It was just slow to start owncloud... Strange!

gfjardim  :

special Thank you for you.  With all your excellent explanations, I have all Un-priviledged Dockers running in Bridge Mode.  This is excellent.

Now, just need that UniFi Controller docker and I can stop Using XEN VM and move back to default Boot (instead of Xen compat. bootable choice!).

Unraid is really a nice solution, a lot slower than my previous QNAP NAS, but It's more versatile.

• 1 month later...

just map it to other port:

wZzYxPh.png

I have the same problem, and I tried that, but you can see in the log that it is hardcoded to be port 8000. Even if you map a different one, the log indicates "Starting builtin webserver: 0.0.0.0:8000" and it will not load the webgui. The same for owncloud. Both have port 8000 hardcoded into the docker image. We need a change in one or both of these docker images that will allow us to modify the port for the webgui. Otherwise, you can't use both dockers at the same time.

Also, what is the default username/password for pyload?

Thank you!

It is correct, that the log in the docker says, that the webserver is started on 8000.

The config gfjardim posted, enables to "transport port 8000 in the docker, to 8180 outside the docker"

so for your webgui you have to enter <TowerIp>:8180 instead of <TowerIp>:8000

Regards Owel

It is correct, that the log in the docker says, that the webserver is started on 8000.

The config gfjardim posted, enables to "transport port 8000 in the docker, to 8180 outside the docker"

so for your webgui you have to enter <TowerIp>:8180 instead of <TowerIp>:8000

Regards Owel

Yes it's OK because Internally the Port is still 8000.  The Log is for the Internal.