[SOLVED] How to Migrate Unraid 5 to Unraid 6 Beta?

titon

Hey folks,

I am not very sure where this question should be posted.  I tried to find a Beta 6 forum, but didnt find one.  If anyone can tell me where this should go, I will post it there.

I currently have my production running on Unraid 5 Pro.  I also have an Unraid 6 Pro Beta key.  I have been playing with Unraid 6 for several weeks, and it seems awesome.  I already have all my Unraid 5 Production data backed up, and wanted to update it to Unraid 6.  I do understand that Unraid 6 is a beta, I already have my production data backed off to another system.  So if there is any issue with Unraid 6, I still have my data duplicated elsewhere.

I wanted to see if there is a process documented on how to upgrade Unraid 5 to Unraid 6.  If anyone can share the steps or process it would be great.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

- Ton

Thanks trurl for the help and not flaming me :)

I did look at the readme.txt to check the changes, but never notice the "Look here for upgrade" instructions.  Seems very straight forward:

If you are currently running unRAID Server OS release 5.0.x

-----------------------------------------------------------

First backup the content of your USB Flash device to a folder on your PC and then install this

release according to "Installation on a New Flash Device" below.  Before ejecting your flash,

restore the 'config' directory from your back up.

Will make sure my Unraid 5 Backup is up-to-date, then going to do the upgrade :D

- Ton

Cool.  thanks for the tip.  Yeah.. I will remove the plugins. I keep unraid pretty basic.. i run my sab, plex, and other stuff on a VM.  That is why I want to go to Unraid 6 with Xen, versus running ESXi and unraid 5 as a guest.

- Ton

Archived