FM2A88X-ITX + mSATA

Hi there,

I am currently running unraid 5b6 with this board and everything is running well.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88X-ITX+/?cat=Specifications

I had to put a pci nic in because I was having issues with the onboard one.

I currently have 5 HDD and 1 ssd for cache set up using all 6 sata ports. The cache drive is only 120GB and with my plex database filling that up I am looking at expanding.

I was thinking about purchasing this msata ssd http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26564 and running that as cache and thus freeing up a sata port for another 4tb.

Does this sound like it will work? I thought I'd ask before purchasing just to be safe.

Thanks.

I don't see anything in the manual about sharing a port with the mSATA slot, so that's not an issue.  The manual lists the following for Storage:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0,RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug

- 1 x mSATA 6.0 Gb/s Connector (Solid-State Drive connector), supports NCQ and AHCI

So you're good-to-go  :)

I don't see anything in the manual about sharing a port with the mSATA slot, so that's not an issue.  The manual lists the following for Storage:

- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0,RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug

- 1 x mSATA 6.0 Gb/s Connector (Solid-State Drive connector), supports NCQ and AHCI

So you're good-to-go  :)

Awesome! Thanks for that info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...