Changes to /etc/inetd.conf is not staying / persistent after reboot

Hey Guys,

I was hoping I could get a little help.  I am n00b at linux, and have followed many of these great tutorials on the forum.  I am currently backing up one unraid to a second unraid box.  I am doing this backup using rsync.  I followed this great guide here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=13432

Part of the guide mentions that I have to edit the /etc/inetd.conf and create a /etc/rsyncd.conf files.  I create these files and my rsync runs great!!

The problem is that when I reboot the box, the changes I made to the inetd.conf file is gone, and the new rsyncd.conf file does not exist anymore.

I wanted to see what I need to do to make my changes to these file persistent after reboots.

Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

- Ton

unRAID runs on a RAM based file system and changes made to that file will not persist after a reboot. This method helps maintain the life of your USB flash drive. You'll have to create the file on your flash drive and set up an instruction to copy the file to its proper location in your "Go" file. There should be a guide or forum message that addresses this as it's a common issue.

Doorunrun,

Thanks for the advice.  I have looked in the forum for Go file example, but did not find a tutorial.  The funny part that searching for just the word Go Config yields a lot of results.

I do have a basic question on the Go file.  Is it similar to a bat file in windows?  In other words, do I put command in the Go file, as if I was entering it at a command line?  Or is the go file has its own language and syntax?

- Ton

It is similar to a batch file. You can put individual command lines in it and they will be executed in order.

It is also similar to a batch file in that you can do more complicated things as well, like loops, tests, branches, etc.

But for your purposes you can just put commands like you would type them at the command line.

Here is the rsync guide I used.