Too many wrong and/or missing disks! after replacing an exisisting disc - v 6.6

ajgoyt

Hi im not sure how to t/s this, I installed upgraded a 500g drive (Disc 8) with a NEW WD 2tb drive tonight and now have this message - Too many wrong and/or missing disks!

if i assign disc 8 with the new 2tb drive unraid thinks a bit and then assigns the new disc to 8 but now disc 1 and 4 show missing, if i try assign a disc under identification for 1 and 4 it doesnt show the disc from the drop down , but it does show the correct disc in print below . see the screen shot.  has anyone run into this with the Beta 6 versions?  and how do you repair this?

I have cleanly rebooted multiple times and still have the same issue.

thanks AJ

after_2tb.PNG.0b8ce98c6efb7b24a309790ef012c936.PNG

Ok , no help - i shutdown and put the old disc that was working fine back in and rebooted and its being seen no problem and assigned, but 1-4 are still missing and i cannot pick them from the identification drop down, So not panicking yet but what would you advise!/

still  Beta V 6.6 - shall i go back to 5.05 or?

AJ

Ok , no help - i shutdown and put the old disc that was working fine back in and rebooted and its being seen no problem and assigned, but 1-4 are still missing and i cannot pick them from the identification drop down, So not panicking yet but what would you advise!/

This does not sound like anything related to the beta - but looks more like a hardware related issue of some sort.  The fact that is that it appears that the disks are not being seen at the Linux level.

Are the missing disks connected to the same controller?  Maybe it needs re-seating?  Are the disks in a 4-1 type caddy - if so I would check its power connections.

This does not sound like anything related to the beta - but looks more like a hardware related issue of some sort.  The fact that is that it appears that the disks are not being seen at the Linux level.

Are the missing disks connected to the same controller?  Maybe it needs re-seating?  Are the disks in a 4-1 type caddy - if so I would check its power connections.

Hi - yes i double checked that all the sata and power connections are still firmly seated in there original spot, I am going to shutdown and see if the controller is for 1 and 4, I never removed the controller just the upper 500g drive, Ill report back....

WOW that was weird all ok now see the screen shot all green, No i dont think the drives are on the same controller, and there not in a 4-1 controller, Ok so i would like to replace the 500g drive which is drive 8, How would you go about doing this on Beta 6.6?

AJ

all_ok.PNG.759a5f5c4954ab435dd6cda1054030b9.PNG

Archived