Help with failure after upgrade

I just finished changing my PSU and added some more HDD's but now I cant get it to show up on the network or output VGA to a monitor.

The machine turns on just fine with the power switch and everything seems to be powered up. I can not turn it off by holding the power button, nor does the reset button do anything. If I switch off the PSU and then turn it back on the machine comes back to an "off" state and I can turn it back on with the power switch.

Here is a list of the changes I made:

1. Change PSU to a Silverstone SST-ST60F-PS (600 watt Modular)

2. Add an internal drive cage

3. Add 4 - 3TB HDD's

4. Move USB boot drive from an internal motherboard header to one of the built-in rear panel slots

The only problem I had during installation was that I wired the CPU power connector incorrectly which caused the PSU to fail. After I figured out that mess and got it wired right I had no other issue turning on. Is it possible that I fried the CPU by shorting the circuit or sending the wrong voltage?

System specs:

MB: Asrock 880GM-LE AM3

CPU: AMD Sempron 145 Sargas

RAM: G. Skill 4GB DDR3 1333

RAID CARD: SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

By "seems to be powered up", do you mean the system boots normally into unRAID, or just that it has power, but hangs at POST or somewhere else?  First I'd double check the wires that connect the motherboard to the power / reset switches.  Connectors may easily get upset when you move lots of part around. 

I don't have a speaker connected so I can't tell if it's passing POST. CPU fan is on, case fans are on, HDD's are spinning but there is no VGA output or network visibility.

If you have a monitor attached and do not get any output, this suggests that the motherboard is not initialising correctly.  `The 'why' is not clear.

Yes, it does sound as though your motherboard may have been damaged.  Try disconnecting any cards / peripherals, except for video (if there is a video card), re-seat the RAM module(s), double check the power wiring.  You should be able to hear some beeps upon powering up, usually beeping patterns provide some basic diagnostic info (no ram, no video, etc).

If you hear no beeps at all not usually a good sign. Could you try a different PSU?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to try my original PSU when I get home tonight. Everything is pointing to a damaged MB. If I determine that to be the case can anyone suggest a current MB that would work well with the AMD Sampras CPU that I have. The MB I have now is almost 3 years old and has been discontinued.

I believe the damage may have happened when I made a custom sleeved cable and plugged it in to the wrong connectors on the PSU.

Okay, I finally have the PSU situation ironed out and I can now turn the unit on/off, enter BIOS, and get a VGA output. My problem now is that my USB boot drive keeps doing a disappearing - reappearing act. Sometimes I can enter BIOS and set the USB as boot drive but when I restart nothing happens. When I reenter BIOS the USB drive is missing. This is the same drive I have been using for over 3 years it's just in a different slot on the MB. I cleared Cmos and reconfigured BIOS but it is still happening.

P.S. For those of you still wondering what the MB problem was... I'm a Moron. I used a multimeter to make sure I had the correct voltage connectors when I remade the custom cable and I was so sure I had it right that I didn't even think to double check. I had the connector in my hand upside down when I pushed the pins in, so basically I just put them in completely backwards.