confused setting up docker

loady

I have upgraded to the latest v6 and have backed up my cache drive and then reformatted to btrfs, i am trying to install sab, cp, sb etc as docker plugins but im stuck at just getting docker running, i have read the quick start guide which led me to reformat the cache but i dont seem to have this extensions tab that i see in the screen shots, all i have is a docker tab and i have tried to set the path as mnt/cache/.apps/docker and then tried to start it but it wont start...im not really sure what im doing wrong and cant find any further reading on it.

docker.jpg

plugin.jpg

What message do you get when you try and start docker?

Does the /mnt/cache/.app/docker folder exist - if not then that might be your problem.  I am not sure unRAID (currently at least) creates any non-existing folders in the path to the docker image file.

Note that you no longer need to have a btrfs formatted disk to run docker - that was only required around the beta 6 timescale.  The implementation of the docker support has changed so that instead docker now uses a virtual disk (which is btrfs format inside the virtual disk) using the Linux facilty of allowing a file to be treated as if it were a disk.  The 'docker.img' file is what holds this 'virtual disk' image as a file on the system.  Since it is just a file it can reside on any disk whatever the format of that disk.

It doesnt say anything, seems to grey out as if it's starting then just goes back to a 'stopped' status awaiting me to press start. I thought about the folder not being created so I started a telnet session and used mc to create the folder on the cache drive.. still no joy. I will reformat the drive back to what it was and then put the backup I made back onto it.

I don't understand why I don't have the extensions tab.. is this something else that has changed or is it because docker is not started.

And moving on slightly... If I get this going, I have always regimently had a .apps and .data folder on my ssd  cache drive and have things like sabnzb and plex install to there, adding the . As a prefix so the mover doesn't try to move it... am I good to carry on like this or am I better to be installing docker to the array.. I'm a bit confused.

• 1 month later...

I'm having problem getting docker to start. Every time i start it, it says Not starting Docker: no image file defined. I don't have a pro or plus LIC yet. I wanted to see it work before. Is an upgraded LIC required to get this to work?

I wants to put my docker.img on /mnt/disk1/

I have tried it without a cache disk and with same location.

I'm having problem getting docker to start. Every time i start it, it says Not starting Docker: no image file defined. I don't have a pro or plus LIC yet. I wanted to see it work before. Is an upgraded LIC required to get this to work?

You need to type in the path to the location where you will be putting your docker.img.  The box looks like it is filled in but the text is just greyed out waiting for you to enter the path and the size of your image.  Then you should be able to start it.

You need to type in the path to the location where you will be putting your docker.img.  The box looks like it is filled in but the text is just greyed out waiting for you to enter the path and the size of your image.  Then you should be able to start it.

I am hoping that one improvement in he GUI will to be to make it clearer that the greyed out text is an example and not an actual setting.

I am hoping that one improvement in he GUI will to be to make it clearer that the greyed out text is an example and not an actual setting.

Holy cow. I was messing this for several at no point did I think that was the problem. I really hope they fix that. Thanks for the help.

Archived