Upgrade v5.0.5 to v6.0b10a Guidance

I sure this has been answered a thousand times but just want to make sure that i dont mess up my arrays data.

Im currently on 5.0.5 and would now like to upgrade to 6.0b10a as it seems quite stable. The main purpose of my server is for media, i have PlexConnect and Plex Media Server running as plugins. When i upgrade i was going to use docker to replace these 2 plugins (obviously with their newer 64bit versions).

My understanding is that in v6 the cache will need to be reformatted to a different file format, this isnt a problem but the PMS and PlexConnect databases are held on my cache, is there a way to back them up and then restore them so i don't have to rescan my whole media library?

When i upgrade to v6 how do i assign my disks in the array so that i don't loose the data that is on them?

With regard to my shares i will just redo these as they are a mess currently.

My understanding is that in v6 the cache will need to be reformatted to a different file format, this isnt a problem but the PMS and PlexConnect databases are held on my cache, is there a way to back them up and then restore them so i don't have to rescan my whole media library?

No - this is not a requirement.  It was in one of the early betas to run docker but is no longer required.

When i upgrade to v6 how do i assign my disks in the array so that i don't loose the data that is on them?

You can carry forward your current configuration without problems.  Alternatively you can do a new config and re-assign drives - unRAID will recognise those that already contain data and just use them.

With regard to my shares i will just redo these as they are a mess currently.

share information is carried forward as well.  You can redo yor shares at leisure.

The only important thing is to make sure that youdo not try and carry forward any 32-bit plugins as these would not be compatible with v6.

Archived