No cache pool, 24 un-assigned drives with no pro key??

ryan

Strange problem, i'm running  6.0-beta10a - i have a registered usb liscence, however it shows i can have the maximum of 24 devices in my array, not 6? and i do not have the option to assign two cache drives (in to a cache pool)? any idea whats happening?

My key is a Plus key not Pro.. not that i'm complaining, but it's obviously incorrect - and the cache pooling functionality doesnt show up at all.

Your description makes it sound as if the key has not been recognised?  Where have you put the key file?  It needs to be in the config folder on the flash drive.

They key has been recognised, it appears within the GUI. The cache pooling condition has been resolved, i set the assigned slots to 23 thus giving me an extra assigned slot for a second cache instance.. However, its still not correct as it's only a plus key not a pro.

They key has been recognised, it appears within the GUI. The cache pooling condition has been resolved, i set the assigned slots to 23 thus giving me an extra assigned slot for a second cache instance.. However, its still not correct as it's only a plus key not a pro.

I do not think that the number of slots shown in the GUI relates to the license type - it just controls how many of those slots you can assign drives to.

limit the number of drives to be shown in the gui.  I think it is available when the array is stopped.  Then you would be able to increase the number of drives available for a cache pool in the gui as well.  there is a limit on how many drives can be shown in total so if all are shown for data drives, none are available for the cache pool.  Your license would eventually limit the number of total drives you can use but the gui will show them all.

Make sense?

Strange problem, i'm running  6.0-beta10a - i have a registered usb liscence, however it shows i can have the maximum of 24 devices in my array, not 6? and i do not have the option to assign two cache drives (in to a cache pool)? any idea whats happening?

My key is a Plus key not Pro.. not that i'm complaining, but it's obviously incorrect - and the cache pooling functionality doesnt show up at all.

No matter how many "slots" appear, your license will limit you to the appropriate number of maximium drives that you can assign.  If you try to assign a drive after you max out your license it will be greyed out.

Archived