Plex server is up but not reachable?

So I had the Plex Media Server docker working for a few days now, but last night at midnight it stopped working.  The container is still running, and Plex.tv can see it, but when I go to launch its webui or launch it from plex.tv, I only see libraries that my friends have shared with me.  My server doesn't even show up.  I tried restarting the container, along with deleting it completely.  I still can't see it.  Plex.tv shows the server as up and green.

I'm very perplexed by this. I'm thinking it could be a port issue, except I was sleeping when it appears to have stopped communicating.  I feel like the only thing I haven't tried is restarting the unraid host os.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like the same issue. I'm curious if it has something to do with the docker.img being full. Earlier today I deleted the docker.img file and all containers. When I had the original 10gb .img file it showed full from the unraid gui page. I have limited experience with the docker so im stumped.

I had the same issue occur again. I found a solution I ran the newperms tool from putty for the docker directory stored on cache and automatically began access to plex. I'm curious if others have the same issue.

HAVOC,

I hate to ask a stupid question but what did you run in Putty?  I now how to initiate Putty and log into a server?  I was able to install Plexmedia server from the default Docker apps in Unraid 6.  Once I had plex up and running I found I could not expand my media folders to point it to.  I don't know if this is part of that "newperms" business or I have a lot of issues going.  lol.  This my first day using Docker.  :)

The command I ran was newperms /mnt/location/of/docker/files.

HAVOC, thanks for responding to me.

That didn't work. I think I must be missing something fundamental about Docker and adding plugins.  I used the pre-packaged Plex and BTsynch and remain unable to access my unRAID server's media from within those program.  I'll go back and re-read the forums and see if I missed any basic guidelines.

Thank You.

The command I ran was newperms /mnt/location/of/docker/files.

HAVOC, thanks for responding to me.

That didn't work. I think I must be missing something fundamental about Docker and adding plugins.  I used the pre-packaged Plex and BTsynch and remain unable to access my unRAID server's media from within those program.  I'll go back and re-read the forums and see if I missed any basic guidelines.

Thank You.

HAVOC... everyone... this was the root of my issues.

I didn't understand the best way to use the "Container Volume" and the "Host Path" within a Dockerized app.  This link explains it well:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=35531.msg330955#msg330955

This link is also helpful:  http://seandion.info/unraid/unraid-dockers/  it has a recommendation about the Docker image size which apparently another thing that can cause people issues.

Thanks all

• 2 years later...

WARNING:  I tried the newperms "fix"... and it messed up my docker environment.  Can't start any dockers now.  Even deleting and re-adding a docker fails.

Do NOT use the newperms on the docker folder (/var/lib/docker/).

I tried running "newperms /var/lib/docker/containers root root" to reset them back to the previous root user and group, but it still fails.

34 minutes ago, RAIDnorth said:

WARNING:  I tried the newperms "fix"... and it messed up my docker environment.  Can't start any dockers now.  Even deleting and re-adding a docker fails.

Do NOT use the newperms on the docker folder (/var/lib/docker/).

I tried running "newperms /var/lib/docker/containers root root" to reset them back to the previous root user and group, but it still fails.

These posts were from quite awhile ago and were basically guaranteed to fail and mess things up for you.   You have to delete the docker.img and recreate it, then add in your previous apps in order to undo this.

Edited by Squid