Re: GENERAL EMAIL CONFIGURATION ISSUES) from: unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta12-x86_64 Available (Ge

Good day guys,

I'm having a difficult time configuring email notification under beta 12.

I am using a custom provider, entering the setting provided by my service provider Fastmail.com and I am getting an error when I test it. When I look at the log, this is what I find:

Jan 11 11:08:33 FileServer sSMTP[25808]: Creating SSL connection to host
Jan 11 11:08:33 FileServer sSMTP[25808]: SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
Jan 11 11:08:33 FileServer sSMTP[25808]: RCPT TO: (504 5.5.2 : Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address)

The Web interface simply says RCPT TO: as an error.

I am 99% sure my setting are correct as I have used them many times before to set up other notifications.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance!

Good day guys,

I'm having a difficult time configuring email notification under beta 12.

I am using a custom provider, entering the setting provided by my service provider Fastmail.com and I am getting an error when I test it. When I look at the log, this is what I find:

Jan 11 11:08:33 FileServer sSMTP[25808]: Creating SSL connection to host
Jan 11 11:08:33 FileServer sSMTP[25808]: SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
Jan 11 11:08:33 FileServer sSMTP[25808]: RCPT TO: (504 5.5.2 : Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address)

The Web interface simply says RCPT TO: as an error.

I am 99% sure my setting are correct as I have used them many times before to set up other notifications.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance!

Did you try modifying your /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf file as per this post?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37042.msg346778#msg346778

Also, did you read both this thread and the one referenced in above link to see if there is a solution to your problem in one of them?  Also note that is an expected release of Dynamix soon which may solve many of the issues which have been encountered.

• 2 weeks later...

change your settings at https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps so that your account is no longer protected by modern security standards.
Not saying this is an appropriate way of dealing with it, but I guarantee it will solve the immediate issue.

Perhaps set up a "throw away" google account to auto forward unraid messages, and reduce the security settings on it to allow unraid to use it.

This is what I did, surely you guys aren't using your real email for things like this?

This worked for me. New gmail account, click that link and set to 'enable' which allows less secure apps to use the gmail account, fill in the info on the unraid server notifications page smtp tab, bada bing bada boom.