Binhex get-iplayer docker showlist.sh help

Ashe

Is anyone else using this and mind sharing their script format for multiple shows

I have edited the show list as

Showlist='showname'

Which works great for one show

I have tried

Showlist='show1name'

Showlist='show2name'

Etc

But this then only recognises show1 and not show2

Equally Showlist=show1,show2,show3' or Showlist='show1, show2, show3' does not pick up any shows.

Does anyone know how to list multiple shows?

I see that get-iplayer will check for new episodes periodically and only download shows that have not been previously dpownloaded, any idea what the time period is between checks?

Finally is there a way to specify the quality order or does it pick the best available?

Thanks in advance and also thanks to binhex for this great docker

hey ashe, just spotted this :-), ok replies as follows:-

Does anyone know how to list multiple shows?

SHOWLIST="show1,show2,show3"

so comma separated values wrapped with double quotes.

any idea what the time period is between checks?

at the moment this docker is a little rough around the edges, the only way to force an update is to stop/start the docker, you could do it via a cron job that stops and starts the container, i may look into running cron within the docker image in the future.

is there a way to specify the quality order or does it pick the best available?

it should pick the best available quality first, again it could be possible to define this but right now its hard set.

Thanks binhex

I have it as no space between commas and double quotes. Appears I haven't restarted it for a while. Just checked logs and it has picked up all the shows, will see how it progresses.

I noticed for the first show it is downloading as .flv files, is this the default?  I don't have the log to hand but it mentioned about attempting to convert to mp4 but the codecs weren't installed. I saw on the get-iplayer website that there are quite a few things that can be user defined.

Even in its current form its great to have this!

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

@binhex is the only download format in flv?

if i remember rightly from memory you can convert it to mp4, but it requires ffmpeg to do this, so i would need to include this in the docker image. are you having issues playing back the flv files?, im using xbmc gotham for playback and its seamless, thus i havent bothered to change container.

No issue for me to convert the files if its not possible to automate it. I use Plex but havent had a chance to test it. I assume if I move it from the downloads folder to my array then it will redownload the file?

no, it keeps a list of what is downloaded, should be stored in the "download_history" file which should be in your /config volume.

i probably should look into it, changing container to mp4 or mkv would be preferable, as would your other suggestions of quality options and the obvious missing feature of a timed start and stop (cron perhaps?), maybe after xmas i will have a good hack at it and see if i can whip it into shape

:-).

• 3 weeks later...

it was to fix two issues, firstly arch linux just upgraded pacman to version 4.2.0 and it blew up the base im pulling from, so fixed that, then found out they have removed the ability to compile builds as root using makepkg, so had to rework that too, all in all took me a while to get back to a running system, but i THINK its all ok now, please let me know if you find anything.

oh and btw this will of actually pulled the latest version of get_iplayer down so it MAY have some new features included, havent checked it out yet :-)

• 8 months later...

Hi Binhex - they way i have get_iplayer on my ubuntu box (which i'm trying to replace with docker containers on my unraid box) is:

• get_iplayer installed from source
  • scheduled cron job to trigger schedule updates every 3 hours
  • get_iplayer pvr web interface to manage the watchlist
  • cron jobs every 3 hours passing custom parameters to download tv shows and podcasts (radio) with specific metadata tagging e.g. MP3 tags, conversion options etc.

this works really well for me - i can use the GUI to manage the watchlist by e.g. searching for items in a clear catalogue, setting up complex searches etc. I have no idea how to build a docker, but would be happy to help enhance your one if you have some pointers about where to start?

Hi Binhex - they way i have get_iplayer on my ubuntu box (which i'm trying to replace with docker containers on my unraid box) is:

• get_iplayer installed from source
  • scheduled cron job to trigger schedule updates every 3 hours
  • get_iplayer pvr web interface to manage the watchlist
  • cron jobs every 3 hours passing custom parameters to download tv shows and podcasts (radio) with specific metadata tagging e.g. MP3 tags, conversion options etc.

this works really well for me - i can use the GUI to manage the watchlist by e.g. searching for items in a clear catalogue, setting up complex searches etc. I have no idea how to build a docker, but would be happy to help enhance your one if you have some pointers about where to start?

hi rara1234, thanks for the volunteered help on this, its appreciated!. couple of questions for you:-

1. where does the webui store its configuration information?, can this be configured or would it have to be symlinked in some manner?

2. can you pre-configure some of the options in the webui, or again is this going to have to be done only using the webui?.

whilst the way i currently have it running is a little low tech, it generally works quite well, so i want to make sure if i do move to using the webui that its just as solid. right im going to have a play with this now, i may come back with more questions :-).

oh and btw this is a quite old thread, best to keep any future posts in my new snagly docker support thread here:- http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38055.0