XBMC/KODI-Headless Docker

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the patches are unofficial and not related to final your actually better to do as much as you can now or you run the risk of final not being able to be patched.

the patch works and i've built to this stage before, it's just now whether i've made any silly typos and fixing up the start files.

it's such a long build though to wait to see if things are working, lol.

i'm running a build local so i at least have the cache and changes are minor, vs it rebuilds from scratch everytime a change is made  on docker hub.

Talk to me about "dockerfile"  I was looking at yours and saw where you set the permissions.

What would be involved to take that out and let it be a variable that is passed through so I can make it user 1001 like I use with my other docker containers.

TBH i'm not that au-fait with variables, this is where i got my info from and this would be a good place to start and it explains things better than i possibly could.

http://serverascode.com/2014/05/29/environment-variables-with-docker.html

Although having said that, if you want it just to have the same permissions as your other containers just change it to suit in the dockerfile and no need to mess about with variables at all.