XBMC/KODI-Headless Docker

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ty.  I know what I'm watching tonight    ;D  Way too long since I've seen that movie.  (Although I had already planned to watch Attack of the Killer Tomatoes...)

Watch 'em both, it's friday night  8)

I was thinking the same thing. Nothing like classic Python.

:)

I'm still trying to convince Mrs CHBMB to watch this!

If she's anything like my wife then good luck! No appreciation for Python. She just thinks it's stupid and pointless.

I just woke up here in AUS and asleep read that post like this ...

"If she's anything like my wife, no appreciation for my Python ..."

Needless to say I had a good chuckle and am awake enough now to go get the milk from the store for coffee.

If she's anything like my wife then good luck! No appreciation for Python. She just thinks it's stupid and pointless.

Needless to say I had a good chuckle and am awake enough now to go get the milk from the store for coffee.

LOL

Travelled four hours to visit my in laws and had just got there when I received an alert about this post, difficult to explain why I suddenly started laughing.

That's a completely different issue. :)

• 1 month later...

When i delete a serie in for example Sickrage, the database still show the deleted show.

Also after a scan command from sickrage to Kodi.

How can i clean up the database?

deleting from sickrage only deletes the show from their database, not the files themselves.

you have to physically delete the files, then from a kodi player instance delete the show via the context menu.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What is unclear to me, is how to get a 16.x (Jarvis) Kodi Headless container running. I see stuff all over the place that does 15.x Kodi Headless. But, it's unclear how to get that properly-updated.

Question: Is it just as simple as spinning up the 15.x one and doing an apt-get upgrade?

If it's more complex, or if anyone else has a pre-built container out there with 16.x that my Google Fu seems to be unable to locate, please let me know!

Thankies!

What is unclear to me, is how to get a 16.x (Jarvis) Kodi Headless container running. I see stuff all over the place that does 15.x Kodi Headless. But, it's unclear how to get that properly-updated.

Question: Is it just as simple as spinning up the 15.x one and doing an apt-get upgrade?

If it's more complex, or if anyone else has a pre-built container out there with 16.x that my Google Fu seems to be unable to locate, please let me know!

Thankies!

Check this link and install that container.

Thankies!

Like saarg says use that container and set it up with VERSION = 16 like below...

CQg5IZG.png

@saarg/@CHBMB,

Thanks for the quick replies!

Unfortunately, I was unable to find any template, after adding this repo (https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/kodi-headless/) that looks like @CHBMB's screenie. I don't have an Environment Variables section, and I don't see a button or link to enable it. I also don't see a template named precisely the same, nor do I see the same container volume path. So, I clearly am missing something here. I want to get this right. Because the last time I tried this, with an older version, it did absolutely nothing for me.

Here's what I see in my list under "Sparklys-Repo"

Kodi-headless[helix]

kodi-headless[isengard]

koma-Isengard

koma-Helix

I really just want the headless kodi container. I already have a Maria DB container setup and working rather well, for quite some time now.

Thanks Again!

@saarg/@CHBMB,

Unfortunately, I was unable to find any template, after adding this repo (https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/kodi-headless/) that looks like @CHBMB's screenie. I don't have an Environment Variables section, and I don't see a button or link to enable it. I also don't see a template named precisely the same, nor do I see the same container volume path. So, I clearly am missing something here. I want to get this right. Because the last time I tried this, with an older version, it did absolutely nothing for me.

Kodi-headless[helix]

kodi-headless[isengard]

koma-Isengard

koma-Helix

I really just want the headless kodi container. I already have a Maria DB container setup and working rather well, for quite some time now.

Thanks Again!

If you haven't already installed the community application plugin, do it now. Then search for kodi and you will find Linux server.ios kodi-headless. That one is also made by the sparkling ball  :)

@saarg/@CHBMB,

Kodi-headless[helix]

kodi-headless[isengard]

koma-Isengard

koma-Helix

Thanks Again!

Don't use Sparkly's version, you need the linuxserver.io version (Sparklyballs is still the author) Also install the Community Applications plugin like saarg says.  And to set the version you need to switch from basic to advanced.  It's in the top right..

I ran into some issues post-install.

Firstly, after the install completed, I let the container run 10 minutes or so, then modified the advancedsettings.xml file to match the MariaDB IP:Port and user/pass required to connect to my existing DB. Then, restarted the container. Once complete, I noticed that it hadn't scanned in new content. So, I had a look at the kodi.log file. The log file indicated that it did not find my current DBs. This issue was related to the name elements I was missing for the movies and music DBs, which I had in my other advancedsettings.xml files, but they weren't in the pre-packaged file. So, I added these, and restarted again and it found my DBs. However, it did no scraping/updating.

- Is there a way to schedule scraping in the Kodi-headless container at an automated interval?

- If so, how is this configured?

- If this is not how most are configuring their scraping, how are they doing it and how is that configured?

Secondly, I've been doing some reading around the forum boards and found others that have had issues with order of operations for container start.

- Should I be concerned about MariaDB starting before Kodi-headless or vice versa?

- If so, how would I best resolve this issue?

• 2 weeks later...