Lian Li PC-D8000 Modular Cube Case

danioj

@Garycase

I cant find that damn C226 version so I am going to get the C224 inside the Lian-Li for the SFF backup portable server. Going to go with a low spec CPU as the backup is going to do just that - be backup only with no additional software running on it.

I am going to upgrade my main server board and CPU and throw it inside the Fractal Design R5. Trying to decide why I should pick a Xeon over an i3 though - I am not going to run it in Exsi anymore. Closest to virtualisation Ill get is a VM from within Unraid or Docker apps.

As a board for the main server though i'd like an equivalent but I can put a larger board in that case. What do you think of this board: http://www.cplonline.com.au/asrock-c226-ws-atx-workstation-motherboard.html?___store=default&gclid=CJzV6NiKg8MCFZcmvQodDyEAQQ

I liked the board suggested by Esse above but it doesn't have ECC memory and I really dont like the premium on Supermicro boards over here. So expensive.

4GB and 16GB seem like good choices for the two servers.  I'd use a pair of 2GB modules and a pair of 8GB modules to be sure both systems are running in the optimal dual channel mode.

As for brand - any high quality RAM [Kingston, Crucial, Corsair are my favorites] that your supplier has in stock is fine.

Archived