Updated to beta 12 - Array not starting

kenzo86

Hi guys, it's been a while. So couple of months ago, I spent a week getting the server set up with some help from forum members and left it perfectly working.

Today I needed to edit a .sh file on the flash drive, but it was in use by another application on the server, so I took the server offline and bought the USB up to my PC to edit the file.

I then decided it might be a good idea to update from beta 9 to 12, note my array drives are formated in XFS and x2 cache btrfs.

I booted the server and reallocated the array and cache drives. The 2 cache drives show a green light next to it, but the array drives are blue (new device not in array). I attempted to start the array but get a "Stopped. Initial configuration" on the left hand side.

any ideas?  I hope to god i dont have to reformat all the arrays again...too much information on them.

I think you are saying that you have just done a new config and re-assigned the drives as if it were a new array?    If so the drives showing as blue is standard until you first start the array. 

Just make sure that when you start the array the drives show the data you expect.  If they show as 'unformatted' then something is wrong  - make sure you do  use the format option from the GUI.

Just a thought - is your key file being detected?  The text under the LimeTech logo in the GUI tells you what sort of license has been detected.  The later betas are a bit more strict about where the key file needs to be located (in the 'config' folder on the flash drive).

you are right!, it shows as basic ..bahh! Forgot all about the keyfile....better check my email attachments

EDIT: right it works!, but it hasn't recognised my shares....is there a way of doing this?

Just a thought - is your key file being detected?  The text under the LimeTech logo in the GUI tells you what sort of license has been detected.  The later betas are a bit more strict about where the key file needs to be located (in the 'config' folder on the flash drive).

you are right!, it shows as basic ..bahh! Forgot all about the keyfile....better check my email attachments

EDIT: right it works!, but it hasn't recognised my shares....is there a way of doing this?

Have you enabled User shares under Settings->Global Share settings?

yep, at the moment, no shares show under shares tab, and in windows it shows the seperate disks ... "disk 1" "disk 2" etc.....before I had disabled these and had shares for my backed up movies

bluray

Foreign

Series

the above folders with their contents still show across all 4 disks

yep, at the moment, no shares show under shares tab, and in windows it shows the seperate disks ... "disk 1" "disk 2" etc.....

Showing the disk shares is the default.

before I had disabled these and had shares for my backed up movies

bluray

Foreign

Series

the above folders with their contents still show across all 4 disks

Normally all top level folders are automatically made into User shares.

Have you enabled User shares under Settings->Global Share settings?

And rebooted afterwards? It shouldn't be necessary, but I'm seeing more and more things under unraid that need a reboot after updating a setting?

wohooo genius!!  I noticed the split options have changed, I had it like this before

mnt/bluray/moviename/moviefile

and the .../moviename  folder along with its contents were spread across the disks.....which option do i need to pick?

Archived