unRaid Plus key and cache pool

talkto_menow

I am running unRaid 6.0-beta12

I tried to find answer to this question but it's still bit confusing. I have a Plus key and 6 drives (including parity) + 1 cache drive. I understand that I max out what is available in Plus license. Now, I added one more SSD drive to create drive pool, but it shows in WebUI as unassigned device and in cache tab, existing cache SSD (1) drive is assigned to slot 1 and there are no other options available for new SSD (2).

If I upgrade to Pro key, will I be able to create cache drive pool?  On purchase page Pro version shows "Assign 1 cache drive".

Thanks

I am running unRaid 6.0-beta12

I tried to find answer to this question but it's still bit confusing. I have a Plus key and 6 drives (including parity) + 1 cache drive. I understand that I max out what is available in Plus license. Now, I added one more SSD drive to create drive pool, but it shows in WebUI as unassigned device and in cache tab, existing cache SSD (1) drive is assigned to slot 1 and there are no other options available for new SSD (2).

If I upgrade to Pro key, will I be able to create cache drive pool?  On purchase page Pro version shows "Assign 1 cache drive".

Thanks

I just went through this a couple of weeks ago, except I already had a 2-drive cache pool and tried to add a 5th data drive on a Plus license. I wound up breaking the cache pool, and adding the 5th data drive. Then I upgraded to PRO just so I could do the cache pool again.

So it looks like the drive limit includes the number of cache drives. Not clear if this is the way it was supposed to be or not, but since upgrading to PRO it is all working fine now.

Don't mind giving Limetech a little more money anyway. My unRAID is one of my favorite hobbies.

Archived