docker for extracting files on shares

twok

Dear all,

that might be the stupidest question at all but I couldn't find any answer to it yet, using both google and forum search.

I'm running unRaid 6.0-beta10a using multiple docker applications (deluge, pyload - just to name two)

It sometimes happens that due to various reasons not all archives are been extracted (e.g. inputted the wrong password)

Now the only option for me working currently is to hit my desktop pc connect to the share and extract like that - however this takes like forever and since I'm often on the go I can't really do it remotely.

(or only quite complicated --- using WOL to start my desktop pc and teamviewer'ing it ....)

maybe someone can tell me if there is an other option to extract files remote. for copy and delete I don't have any issues (using the Midnight Commander via Putty)

Would be great if someone tells me there is any easier option for that - maybe a docker image to use.

Thanks,

Matt

Maybe... You could use the command "docker exec" to enter the existing dockers you have running and then use whatever tools they have included to extract files. Like if they have unrar or 7zip inside them.

Ie: docker exec -ti NZBGet bash

That will give you a bash shell inside the container named nzbget.  The container names are casesensitive.