UPS support for non-APC units?

HellDiverUK

So, I have an old APC UPS.  It's a bit crap.  It uses 35W doing nothing.

I also have a newer Cyberpower ValueUPS which runs just as long, doesn't make a fizzing noise, and uses a whole 2W when doing nothing. 

Is unRAID going to support Cyberpower UPS in the future?  It works OK with Synology and Asustor UPS units, so there's obviously linux support there somewhere.

So, I have an old APC UPS.  It's a bit crap.  It uses 35W doing nothing.

I also have a newer Cyberpower ValueUPS which runs just as long, doesn't make a fizzing noise, and uses a whole 2W when doing nothing. 

Is unRAID going to support Cyberpower UPS in the future?  It works OK with Synology and Asustor UPS units, so there's obviously linux support there somewhere.

I'm using a Cyberpower UPS with unRAID, and it didn't even require any additional configuration on my part. It might depend on the model.

Cyperpower has used the same USB command structure and interface in its product line for a number of years and apcupsd works just fine.  You won't break your system by trying to use it.

Either it is recognized and usually works (I have not heard of one that didn't work if recognized) or it is not recognized.

Archived