Can't unassign disk

Vaseer

unRAID 6.0-beta12

I have 2 WD Reds 3TB and I added 1 Samsung 250Gb HDD for torrents.

I added Samsung in array for couple of minutes (so unRAID formatted it to xfs) and then removed it from array (I left in same slot in server). Now I have error on Disk 2 "Not installed" and red square.

When I removed HDD I choose "unassigned" and then start the array. On Dashboard I get error: "Parity Status: Data is invalid".

How do I unassign disks correctly?

Pics: http://postimg.org/gallery/3ir1cya8e/

• 1 month later...

I have three disks two f which are external DAS via SAS port and one internal via SATA port. I want to remove third internal disk without deleting data on the two external drivers.

If I unassign the internal SATA drive and run "New Config" will I lose data on the external drives?

Thank you,

Niles

I have three disks two f which are external DAS via SAS port and one internal via SATA port. I want to remove third internal disk without deleting data on the two external drivers.

If I unassign the internal SATA drive and run "New Config" will I lose data on the external drives?

Thank you,

Niles

New Config will not affect existing data, only parity. Just make sure you assign parity correctly. If for some reason unRAID thinks a drive needs formatting, DON'T. Post back here for further advice.

Archived