Crashplan - How do I use the docker

JMO

Hello,

I have the Crashplan docker installed and have tried looking around for configuration details, and I think I have most of it setup correctly.

Problem is, my crashplan docker does nothing. The docker webui takes me to the code42 homepage, and my unraid box is not visible to crashplan installed on either of my two other machines.

Fwiw I have an existing crashplan unlimited account with about 500GB of data sitting on it. This was previously running on my old WHS machine (which is now sitting running, but empty, as everything has been migrated to my unraid box).

Server address for UnRAID is 192.168.1.250 and crashplan service port is 4243.

http://192.168.1.250:4243/ returns "No data received". Does it even have a webui?

I feel like I am missing some key understanding as to what the docker should be doing.

Here are my settings:

\\Tower\ssd\docker\appdata\CrashPlan\conf\ui.properties

#Fri Dec 09 09:50:22 CST 2005
serviceHost=192.168.1.250
servicePort=4243
#pollerPeriod=1000  # 1 second
#connectRetryDelay=10000  # 10 seconds
#connectRetryAttempts=3
#showWelcome=true

#font.small=
#font.default=
#font.title=
#font.message.header=
#font.message.body=
#font.tab=

And for the docker:

/config -> /mnt/disk/SSD/docker/appdata/CrashPlan/

/data -> /mnt/user/Pictures/

I am at a complete standstill, so any guidance would be fantastic.

Hello,

I have the Crashplan docker installed and have tried looking around for configuration details, and I think I have most of it setup correctly.

Problem is, my crashplan docker does nothing. The docker webui takes me to the code42 homepage, and my unraid box is not visible to crashplan installed on either of my two other machines.

Fwiw I have an existing crashplan unlimited account with about 500GB of data sitting on it. This was previously running on my old WHS machine (which is now sitting running, but empty, as everything has been migrated to my unraid box).

Server address for UnRAID is 192.168.1.250 and crashplan service port is 4243.

http://192.168.1.250:4243/ returns "No data received". Does it even have a webui?

I feel like I am missing some key understanding as to what the docker should be doing.

Here are my settings:

\\Tower\ssd\docker\appdata\CrashPlan\conf\ui.properties

#Fri Dec 09 09:50:22 CST 2005
serviceHost=192.168.1.250
servicePort=4243
#pollerPeriod=1000  # 1 second
#connectRetryDelay=10000  # 10 seconds
#connectRetryAttempts=3
#showWelcome=true

#font.small=
#font.default=
#font.title=
#font.message.header=
#font.message.body=
#font.tab=

And for the docker:

/config -> /mnt/disk/SSD/docker/appdata/CrashPlan/

/data -> /mnt/user/Pictures/

I am at a complete standstill, so any guidance would be fantastic.

The CrashPlan docker doesn’t have any UI! Instead you setup the CrashPlan client on a PC (Windows 8 in my case) and configure that so it can connect to your server.

You basically do all your setup on your pc and only need to specify the config folder and the data share (as you have done). You might consider changing your data share to: /data -> /mnt/user/  This gives you the possibility to backup other shares as well, not only Pictures. You do the setup in the client later.

There are changes needed in the config folders on both the server and client side to get it to work. Have a look on this thread http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33864.0 as a starter….

When you get it hooked up to crashplan servers, you then adopt the computer out of your account.  It will scan for the already existing files and as long as it can find them, you won't have to upload them again.

However for this to work, you need to ensure that either your path has not changed to the folder that is backed up, or if the path has changed that both the old and new paths can be seen by crashplan.  If either of these two things are done, then crashplan won't have to backup all the files again.

david