[Solved] Access issues

Andrew307

Hi all,

So, I'm back from deployment and am having some new issues with my server.  Every time I try to copy a file over to the rig, it says "you need permission to perform this action".

Please understand I have been gone for a while and might need a walk through on how to identify and fix this issue.  I have searched the forum and found other with the issue, but their fixes have not worked for me...

Running windows 8.1. 

Below is what I get in the log:

Mar 13 13:19:44 Tower shfs/user: shfs_create: open: /mnt/disk2/Movies/TV/Test file.mkv (30) Read-only file system

Mar 13 13:19:44 Tower shfs/user: shfs_create: open: /mnt/disk2/Movies/TV/Test file.mkv (30) Read-only file system

Ran new permissions, no go.  Same:

Mar 13 15:30:26 Tower shfs/user: shfs_create: open: /mnt/disk2/Movies/TV/Crossbones/Test file.mkv (30) Read-only file system

Mar 13 15:30:26 Tower shfs/user: shfs_create: open: /mnt/disk2/Movies/TV/Crossbones/Test file.mkv (30) Read-only file system

Dgaschk, Ill run the check when my son is done watching his movie :)  Run it on all disks?

Ran new permissions, no go.  Same:

Dgaschk, Ill run the check when my son is done watching his movie :)  Run it on all disks?

The read-on

Y file system message nearly always means that file system corruption is present on the disk so it is being treated as read-only until this is fixed.  Dgaschk gave a link to how to do this.

Ok, so...

First disk checked good.  Second one had many issues and suggested I run --rebuild-tree.  Started to run it.  Left it on over night.  Power went out sometime during the night. 

Now the disk is unmountable.  When I run --check on it, it says "bad root block 0. (--rebuild-tree did not complete)".

Do I try to run rebuild-tree again? Or is this disk screwed?

Ok, so...

First disk checked good.  Second one had many issues and suggested I run --rebuild-tree.  Started to run it.  Left it on over night.  Power went out sometime during the night. 

Now the disk is unmountable.  When I run --check on it, it says "bad root block 0. (--rebuild-tree did not complete)".

Do I try to run rebuild-tree again? Or is this disk screwed?

Run rebuild-tree again.    Once you have started a run with that parameter the disk will not be mountable until a run completes.    However it is normally perfectly feasible to start again.

Archived