Upgrading from 5rc 16c to 6 beta 14b - Files and folders disappear

gamingloser

Hey all,

This weekend I have been upgrading my server from 5rc16 to 6 beta 14b. Here was my process:

1. backed up my thumb drive;

2. Followed the instructions to upgrade to 5.06-i386 build;

3. Then I followed the instructions to upgrade to 6.0 beta 14b;

4. Server boots fine. I should have checked to make sure the data was 100% but I didn't.

5. I added gfjardim's template to the docker repository. One by one I tried to install plex/sick/sab/couch.

The problem is there are several folders, files, or files and folders missing from my shares. I already ran a full parity check (zero errors). I rebooted the server to see if that would fix it (it didn't). I backed up the thumb drive on the new build and shut down the server. Then I re-installed the old setup (in step 1 above) and booted the server. All the files are back!

So I reverted back to the 6 beta 14b build and the files are gone.

Any thoughts? Is this a folder permission problem where some files are hidden for some reason in 6?

Cannot think of any reason why upgrading to v6 should make files disappear?  I have switched back-and forth between the two versions without issues.

Did you make sure that all plugins were removed before doing the upgrade?  Trying to run v5 plugins (32-bit) can have unpredictable side-effects on v6 (64-bit).

Archived