upgrade unRAID V6 within esxi VM

Hi,

I'm wondering, are there an easy way to upgrade unRAID that is booted from VMWare disk image?

what i'm doing currently:

- upgrade unRAID as usual

- shutdown unRAID VM, attach boot disk to another VM, manually copy  content from flash to boot disk..

what i'm doing wrong? maybe are there another upgrade method rather than doing it manually?

I used to be able to moung the 1GB boot HDD.  But, for some reason, under Beta15, I no longer see it to mount it. 

When I could, I would just copy the new files to the flash drive from my Windows workstation, then SSH into unRAID and copy the files over to the mounted boot HDD.

I used to be able to moung the 1GB boot HDD.  But, for some reason, under Beta15, I no longer see it to mount it. 

When I could, I would just copy the new files to the flash drive from my Windows workstation, then SSH into unRAID and copy the files over to the mounted boot HDD.

Thanks for replay - how you mount it? i tried SNAP and "Unassigned Devices" plugins with no luck..

i'm on unRAID V6B12 now..

Thanks for replay - how you mount it? i tried SNAP and "Unassigned Devices" plugins with no luck..

I added this to my GO file. 

#mount boot vm hd
mkdir /mnt/boothdd
mount -w -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/boothdd 2>&1

However, I can no longer see this drive under beta15.  I may revert tonight to beta14b and see if it comes back.  I did have to expand the VMDK to do the upgrade...not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

#mount boot vm hd
mkdir /mnt/boothdd

However, I can no longer see this drive under beta15.  I may revert tonight to beta14b and see if it comes back.  I did have to expand the VMDK to do the upgrade...not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

i'm sure drive is here.. when i installed "Unassigned Devices", sda disappeared from GUI/Main/Unassigned Devices section..

just used your commands from telnet session and successfully mounted my VMDK :)

#mount boot vm hd
mkdir /mnt/boothdd

i'm sure drive is here.. when i installed "Unassigned Devices", sda disappeared from GUI/Main/Unassigned Devices section..

just used your commands from telnet session and successfully mounted my VMDK :)

That section is not showing up. It did prior to beta15. Hopefully I will have some more time to play with it later this week.