Restart and Shutdown not working

Hi All,

I've just migrated my VM from Xen to KVM (6.0-beta15), successfully so far, and am loving the VM manager. The only thing i'm having trouble with is both the restart and shutdown buttons on the VM Manager page and also the 'virsh shutdown / reboot' commands via telnet, don't do anything. However, both the start and force shutdown buttons and telnet commands work as expected.

Is this likely to be a result of the migration from Xen (I followed the 'Converting VMs from Xen to KVM' guide posted here http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Converting_VMs_from_Xen_to_KVM), instead of creating a new VM native to KVM, or have i missed something in the setup process?

Your help is appreciated,

Thank you,

Rich

Sorry, missed that out  :-\

Its Windows 7

And when you press the stop button on the webGui, nothing happens inside the VM?

Can you check in the VM under power management and see how it's configured for "what pressing the power button" should do?

Thank you once again jonp, that solved it.

The power button setting was set to 'do nothing', so I changed it to 'shutdown' and now both the reboot and shutdown buttons work as well as the virsh commands, via telnet.

Much appreciated  :D

Thank you once again jonp, that solved it.

The power button setting was set to 'do nothing', so I changed it to 'shutdown' and now both the reboot and shutdown buttons work as well as the virsh commands, via telnet.

Much appreciated  :D

No problem.  One of the things I'm hoping is that the new QEMU Guest Agent will help us get around things like this in the future.