Minecraft Docker (finally found one I could get working)

Thank you for this! I have previously rented dedicated Minecraft servers for my son. I think they were about $7 a month...

One thing that made them "easy" to configure, is that they had a web page configuration option. In Googling, it seems like McMyAdmin is the most popular out there.

Have you tried installing this in the container? Here are the instructions, and I guess you have to open another port for the web interface:

http://www.mcmyadmin.com/#/download

(click on Linux 64 radio button)

I would love to try this, but I would need help from my 10 year old to test this. Right now he has no computer privileges for a month because he lost his temper and punched another boy in his classroom.  >:(  >:(  :-[  :-[

I tried several McMyAdmin Docker containers, but I could not get them setup so that I could access the Minecraft files or the McMyAdmin config files. It would run, but I could not fix a password issue that McMyAdmin had or edit the Minecraft files. So I decided to just got the simple route for now. It is easy enough to turn on and off the Minecraft container. I edit the server.properties file by hand as needed.

To test it, just launch Minecraft then choose Multiplayer. Then choose add server. Name the server and enter the IP for the server. Done.

Just thought I would mention, the -e switch in docker is for environment variables. In other words, instead of -e EULA=TRUE in the Extra Parameters section, you could have used the Environment Variables section, and put EULA for Variable Name and TRUE for Variable Value.

• 3 years later...

This is perfect for regular minecraft and maybe a few mods.

When using massive modpacks, like FTB, skyfactory3, etc ... I'm running into massive problems, while I can run the servers perfectly in an unraid vm.

Secondly, trying to use another cpu for the container, makes things like 'forge' crash completely.

Unraid + docker containers + java ...