How To ?

Archivist

:o Long time member/user of UnRaid from beginning.  Still functional Tower w/~ 7TB & 4TB used on UnRaid 4.7 Pro. 

Seeking easiest/simplest upgrade to Version 6.xxx.  Have 2 "new" 5TB drives for parity and to copy files from Reiserfs to Xfs then repurpose 3x2TB, 1x1.5 TB and 2x1.0 TB current drives for possible Cache and/or ??? 

Would like to have Plex Server for movies (lots of SD 200+ (*.vob) films, some HD and a few converted for Apple TV - H.264).  Also have backup info on Data Server "Share" and would like to have a "true" backup plus "personal cloud" for multiple devices/OS's. 

Suggestions and steps please.  I do have multiple keys, so can migrate from one version to another as necessary.  To accomplish everything may need to upgrade UnRaid Server (MB/Chip/Memory) but minimal simultaneous uses required. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

There is a pretty nice community guide that we at LT haven't proofread fully yet, but others have reported it has helped them with upgrading.

Upgrading to unRAID 6

And Jon, I keep forgetting to ask you guys to review it, as I believe there are a couple of places in the guide where I indirectly speak for LimeTech, which obviously needs your approval!  Feel free to critique, or edit it yourselves.  (It still needs a bit of tweaking for the RC's, I'm slow.)

Archived