[DOCKER] Pynab NZB Indexer

the error log is saying

postgres cannot access the server configuration file "/data/main/postgresql.conf": no such file or directory

that file gets stored locally on your unraid file system.

in wherever you mapped data to , it will be in /data/main, if not, then perhaps you have a permissions or space issue on the unraid location.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just increased my docker size to 20GB from 10GB to make sure.  That didn't seem to help.  My config goes to /mnt/user/appdata/pynab, the data directory goes to /mnt/user/appdata/pynab/data.  This is where I keep all of my docker image configs.  Ill get the other logs.

i'll do another ripdown and match your locations, see if there's anything there.

i map my config to /mnt/user/appdata/pynab/config and data to /mnt/user/appdata/pynab/data

Instead of going to pynab/data i made another directory pynabdata so it wasn't in the same location.  Still has same problem.  For some reason it will not write to the main directory.  I can create files and move files to there, but postgresql will not write to there.  Its not a space issue I have over 10GB free for the docker. 

it seems like it is during the postgres-initialise.sh

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/003-postgres-initialise.sh...

initialising empty databases in /data

completed initialisation

2015-06-03 02:57:02,644 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)

2015-06-03 02:57:02,647 INFO supervisord started with pid 55

2015-06-03 02:57:03,650 INFO spawned: 'postgres' with pid 59

2015-06-03 02:57:03,664 INFO exited: postgres (exit status 2; not expected)

2015-06-03 02:57:04,667 INFO spawned: 'postgres' with pid 60

2015-06-03 02:57:04,681 INFO exited: postgres (exit status 2; not expected)

2015-06-03 02:57:06,684 INFO spawned: 'postgres' with pid 61

2015-06-03 02:57:06,697 INFO exited: postgres (exit status 2; not expected)

setting up pynab user and database

2015-06-03 02:57:09,703 INFO spawned: 'postgres' with pid 87

2015-06-03 02:57:09,715 INFO exited: postgres (exit status 2; not expected)

2015-06-03 02:57:10,717 INFO gave up: postgres entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

pynab user and database created

building initial nzb import

THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME, DO NOT STOP THE DOCKER

IMPORT COMPLETED

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/004-set-the-groups.sh...

Testing whether database is ready

database appears ready, proceeding

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/pool.py", line 1033, in _do_get

return self._pool.get(wait, self._timeout)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/util/queue.py", line 145, in get

raise Empty

sqlalchemy.util.queue.Empty

For some reason it is not writing to the main directory inside config.  That is I believe where my problem is.  I tried to make sure it has permissions, but when I reboot all of it gets changed back to what it was.

ripdown everything.

container and image.

go to /mnt/user/appdata on the command line.

and delete any of the pynab folders you've created or the docker webui has created.

then issue  (whilst still in /mnt/user/appdata)

mkdir -p pynab/data pynab/config && chmod -R 777 pynab && chown -R nobody:users pynab

then in unraid docker webui , use the mappings

/config to /mnt/user/appdata/pynab/config

/data to /mnt/user/appdata/pynab/data

use the picker in the unraid webui to select the folders.

same problem....not righting to the main folder

i don't know then, i cannot make this container fail in any way in regards to the initialisation stage for postgres.

every ripdown and reinstall without exception has not failed.

the latest has just gone through, probably something like the 34 or 35th time i've done it.

i don't know enough of the underlying mechanics of unraid to suggest anything else at this stage.

what would be advantage to run that docker instead of using a NZB site like nzbclub or nzbgeek ?  I know it's faster, but if you cannot even decode the weird names of releases, isn't it useless?

to the first part of your question, it needs a better regex, and there are ones available.

the second part i won't dignify with a response.

to the first part of your question, it needs a better regex, and there are ones available.

the second part i won't dignify with a response.

Got it up and running on my system, according to the stats it's finding stuff, but as for decoding the names, how would one add one of the better regex addons?

Also, if you set it up initially with a 0 on the backfill variable, how would you go about changing it to say 30 days?  I'm guessing that I'd need to wipe the install, and re-install with that in the settings?

I got a sub for the newznab plus to get a newznab ID, entered it on install of this docker, and it makes a huge difference over the public one that's included built in.  Anybody having issues may want to give it a go.

Just go to Newznab.com and purchase newznab plus, they will give you an ID number.  Change the docker variable regex_url to:

http://www.newznab.com/getregex.php?newznabID=<YOURIDNUM>

I also set my backfill for 90 days, not sure if it helps or not.  I'm able to actually search the indexer now and get results, and I'm using it with Couchpotato, Sonaar (nzbdrone), and several other downloaders.  You do still get quite a few failures on the decoding, but you're actually able to download what you do scrape...