[FEATURE REQUEST] - option to open WebUI (for VMs)

So, here is what I am thinking...

I would like an option in the context menu when you click a VM icon that allows you to open a WebUI...much like we have with Docker now.

Why would you want this you ask...for me, Kodi web-based remote control.  Often I am sitting in the family room and goofing off in my unRAID containers when from the other room "Dad...the movie is over."  :)  All this would do is open a new tab/window @ the IP/Name:port of the Kodi VM (assuming web remote is enabled).

Can something like this be accomplished via code in the XML (like the VNC window that opens)?

Of course, I'm sitting here trying to come up with another scenario where this would be used an failing miserably.

And yes...I know that I can just as easily create a bookmark/favorite to do the.  But at least with this I would have to create those on every machine I use.  And, things get cluttered quickly when you have bookmarks for Sonarr, NZBGet, Deluge, Emby, and so on.  At least Docker has alleviated a lot of that!

John

I would like an option in the context menu when you click a VM icon that allows you to open a WebUI...much like we have with Docker now.

Why would you want this you ask...for me, Kodi web-based remote control.  Often I am sitting in the family room and goofing off in my unRAID containers when from the other room "Dad...the movie is over."  :)  All this would do is open a new tab/window @ the IP/Name:port of the Kodi VM (assuming web remote is enabled).

Can something like this be accomplished via code in the XML (like the VNC window that opens)?

Of course, I'm sitting here trying to come up with another scenario where this would be used an failing miserably.

And yes...I know that I can just as easily create a bookmark/favorite to do the.  But at least with this I would have to create those on every machine I use.  And, things get cluttered quickly when you have bookmarks for Sonarr, NZBGet, Deluge, Emby, and so on.  At least Docker has alleviated a lot of that!

John

I'm going to move this to the roadmap forum to see what others think, but I could see us adding this as an optional menu item for VMs.  In fact, we could do a lot more than that eventually, such as custom commands, but we'll save that for a future discussion ;-).

John

It's funny how peoples issues are the same, especially when it comes to Family.

I setup something to aid this issue for my friend in two ways. First way was to map a shortcut on his windows machine to the web remote of KODI/Openelec and assigned a shortcut key set for him he could hit and boom up comes the web remote.

He ultimately didn't like this so I then installed Maraschino (which is a front end to all those apps you mentioned as well as having a built in koi/Openelec control and Library/File interface too for controlling what is being played on another machine(s)) for him and set it up to be is home page. He liked that.

He has (once again) got sick of that (well the background of Maraschino) so I have introduced him to HTPC Manager - which has very similar features (as well as what you would want too).

Not the solution you have been asking for BUT it might serve as a stop gap.