Cache drive won't format

CasanovaFly

A while back I threw a 150GB Raptor drive into my server as the cache drive. Tested it out, seemed neat, but removed it because I was still in the progress of >150GB migration.

Just recently upgraded my motherboard/CPU, and added in two other HDDs along with hooking the cache back up. The cache had been sitting in the rig, powered down and unconnected, since the first time I used it. I formatted my two array HDDs and get them going no problem. The cache drive, however, no refuses to format. I've got the option to format it, but when I try it just kicks me back to the same screen, with the cache drive unformatted.

Any ideas?

A while back I threw a 150GB Raptor drive into my server as the cache drive. Tested it out, seemed neat, but removed it because I was still in the progress of >150GB migration.

Just recently upgraded my motherboard/CPU, and added in two other HDDs along with hooking the cache back up. The cache had been sitting in the rig, powered down and unconnected, since the first time I used it. I formatted my two array HDDs and get them going no problem. The cache drive, however, no refuses to format. I've got the option to format it, but when I try it just kicks me back to the same screen, with the cache drive unformatted.

Any ideas?

I just had this problem 30 minutes ago and posted. Try what fixed it for me.... Set cache to empty, then re-assign it. Click the drive and select the filesystem you want. May be a new bug.

My thread: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40395.0

• 3 months later...

Archived