Do I have to have a cache drive to use Docker?

I've tried reading up on docker, but the beginner guides I've found seam to start a step or two beyond where I am.  On my webGui I don't have a docker tab like the instructions I find.  I'm running version 6.0-rc4, upgraded from version 5.  I read about the appdata share and there is talk about putting it on the cache drive, however I'm not running a cache drive as I do mostly reading as this is a media server.  Plus I only have 5 physical places for drives in my server so I don't really have space for a cache drive.  Do I have to have a cache drive to use docker?  Is there a "Start from the very beginning" guide that I can read/follow?  Is there somethign I have to do since I upgraded from v5?

Thanks,

Jerry

I'm pretty sure you do need one.  Why not pick up a cheap SSD?  Even a little 32GB one would do the job.  There's usually lots of used Intel SSDs on eBay that are more than suitable for a cache drive.  Or you could use an old 250GB HDD?

I've run an old 500GB WD Blue as a cache before and it worked just fine.

Dockers and other apps write often to whatever disk you put them on. If you use a parity-protected disk for this, it will keep both that disk and parity disk active. This is the main reason most people use a cache drive for this, but it is not strictly required by unRAID to use cache for this.

Could I use something like a 32 or 64GB flash drive as a cache drive?  My biggest problem is I do not have space or SATA slots in my server for an additional drive.

The cache drive must be SATA. SSDs don't take much space, they don't really need a drive bay. If you don't have any SATA ports then that is a problem. Do you have any expansion slots to add ports?

You could also move files around to free up a drive, maybe upsize a drive if necessary to make room (as long as parity is large enough).