Replaced Data Drive, now Unraid says no parity drive

MarkV

I have a data drive that has been reporting errors for a while so I decided to replace it.

I used the instructions at http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Replacing_a_Data_Drive

The drive I replaced the old drive with is an identical drive (same batch from several years ago).  Fresh out of the sealed static bag.

When I go into unraid after the reboot, Unraid reports the parity is missing.

Now maybe I pulled the parity drive?  I figured out my drive slot by going to the mount point and doing an ls -Rl and watching for disk activity.  I didn't see any other active drives when I did this and I assumed a ls -Rl wouldn't affect the parity drive.

The pull-down for the parity drive reports two drives that aren't the same as the one that is missing.  So, I did replace the wrong drive... correct?

What did I do wrong?

Thanks.  I confirmed that I pulled the wrong disk. 

Unraid is awesome.  I'm saddened that I have to start replacing drives soon since it's only a matter of time before they all start to go.

That said, I think I got the right drive now and it says I have two drives to choose from.  My setup has been running pretty much by itself since 2009, so I barely remember what I did.  I guess I might have an extra drive in there that I never configured...

Mark

Archived