[SOLVED] PlexMediaServer Remote Access not working

Hello,

I have plex installed. seems like there  is a connection to the internet (I can sign in under 'server' - 'general', I can download subtitles , art, etc no problem) but i can't get remote access to work. under 'server' - 'remote access' it says "not available outside your network".

i'm pretty sure my router is not the problem since literally everything else works (its set to Upnp after all).

My guess is - either my network setting are wrong in docker

or something to do with this specific repository...

under docker network type is set to 'host'.

repository: https://github.com/limetech/docker-templates

unraid v 6.0.1

Hello,

I have plex installed. seems like there  is a connection to the internet (I can sign in under 'server' - 'general', I can download subtitles , art, etc no problem) but i can't get remote access to work. under 'server' - 'remote access' it says "not available outside your network".

i'm pretty sure my router is not the problem since literally everything else works (its set to Upnp after all).

My guess is - either my network setting are wrong in docker

or something to do with this specific repository...

under docker network type is set to 'host'.

repository: https://github.com/limetech/docker-templates

unraid v 6.0.1

You need to forward the plex port from your router to your server. 32400 normally..

My network setup goes like this:

Unraid-->AppleAirPortExtreme (Bridge Mode)--> D-Link DSR-500 (router, UPnP enabled) --> Netgear (Modem - Bridge mode) (don't remember exact model - its what the provider supplied me with).

can you give me a hint what i should forward exactly (after enabling Upnp i never forwarder anything for years, everything just works out of the box...).

should i open TCP/UDP connection for 32400, or forward xxxx port to 32400? or 32400 to 32400 and specify my unraid LAN IP address?

Thanks!

My network setup goes like this:

Unraid-->AppleAirPortExtreme (Bridge Mode)--> D-Link DSR-500 (router, UPnP enabled) --> Netgear (Modem - Bridge mode) (don't remember exact model - its what the provider supplied me with).

can you give me a hint what i should forward exactly (after enabling Upnp i never forwarder anything for years, everything just works out of the box...).

should i open TCP/UDP connection for 32400, or forward xxxx port to 32400? or 32400 to 32400 and specify my unraid LAN IP address?

Thanks!

I port forward 32400 to my Unraid LAN IP address.  Never had much luck with uPNP, have switched it off anyway, prefer to know exactly what ports etc are forwarded and open on my router.

It seems that router firmware update fixed the issue! (though the previous FW was from 2014 so not that old...)

Anyway, Plex did not want to connect at first anyway, but after i disabled "specify port manually"  suddenly my Tower showed up on my router's UPnP page with Internal Port being 32400, while External Port being 16565, as well as 14439.

Before FW upgrade Tower did not even show up in UPnP page on my router, and in Plex server showed External and Internal ports as 32400 (and no internet connection).

Thanks everyone for help!

It seems that router firmware update fixed the issue! (though the previous FW was from 2014 so not that old...)

Anyway, Plex did not want to connect at first anyway, but after i disabled "specify port manually"  suddenly my Tower showed up on my router's UPnP page with Internal Port being 32400, while External Port being 16565, as well as 14439.

Before FW upgrade Tower did not even show up in UPnP page on my router, and in Plex server showed External and Internal ports as 32400 (and no internet connection).

Thanks everyone for help!

i might be wrong but I'm pretty sure uPnP is not the most secure of things.  Read here.