Emby Server - Problems Accessing Remote Share - SOLVED

I am having a strange issue with the Emby Docker container seeing external shares on another computer in the local environment.  I recently upgraded from unRaid 5.06 to 6.01 without issue.  I began utilizing the EMBY server docker with version 6.01.  All of my movies/music, reside on the Unraid server and I can access those with no issue.  I maintain a single Windows 8.1 share in my environment where I store 'newmovies', basically raw blu-ray rips of movies.  I use this as a basic staging area of movies (before I decide to run the handbrake MKV process and move them to the unraid tower).

In order to access my remote share, I utilized the info provided by other forum posts with these commands.

mkdir /mnt/newmovies

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.XX/mediastaging /mnt/newmovies -o username=XXX,password=XXX

I created the corresponding volume mapping within the EMBY docker and this worked perfectly until I rebooted the server.  When the server came back online I could no longer see the local windows share.  I figured this was caused by not adding the mount info into the GO file.  At the console, I manually entered in the mount command with my passwords info and I can browse the share via the ls -al /mnt/newmovies command.  However, the Emby docker will not see the share. 

What is even more strange is within the Emby Docker config, I can browse the remote share without issue (see attached).  In the Emby Server config, it doesn't see anything.  I am just baffled by this. 

Here is my docker command:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="EmbyServer" --net="host" -e TZ="America/Denver" -p 8096:8096/tcp -v "/mnt/newmovies/":"/newmovies":rw

-v "/mnt/disk1/CONFIG/EMBY/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/MEDIA/":"/mnt":rw -v "/mnt/disk3/VIDEOS/":"/mnt2":rw emby/embyserver

Any suggestions how to resolve?

Thanks.

Pancho

Emby_Server_Config_Screenshot.png.1450d6d61edcd1bb01676faa6fca4fc9.png

Docker_-_Emby_Setup.jpg.2dd753e91afcb91185ac0735d2699e16.jpg

• 2 months later...

After troubleshooting, I finally discovered the way to make this work was in the order it was completed:

PRIOR TO MOUNTING ARRAY AND DOCKERS

1. PuTTY into unraid console

2. Enter in commands to remote share:

mkdir /mnt/newmovies

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.XX/mediastaging /mnt/newmovies -o username=XXX,password=XXX

3. Validate remote access with the following command:

ls -al /mnt/newmovies

4.  Mount Array

5.  Start Dockers

6.  Emby docker will now connect to remote share without issue.

7.  When rebooting remember to remove share (or remove after reboot and before loading array & dockers):

umount /mnt/newmovies

This now works every time.

Pancho