Dockers loosing config??

Edgeman56

I am having a continuing problem with my docker files.  I am only running sickbeard and sabnzb, and every week or couple of weeks they both loose there config files.  Meaning if I go to docker tab I can see sickbeard sabnzb and the volume mapping are all correct on the main page, but if I select one of them and choose edit everything is blank.  And I end up getting and error page,  I have attached a copy of that.  I have no idea what is happening and I can not seem to find what is causing this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

sickbeard_error.txt

Looking at your syslog, mover was indeed skipping appdata every night as it should

Aug  5 03:44:09 server logger: .d..t...... Media/
Aug  5 03:44:09 server logger: skipping "appdata"
Aug  5 03:44:09 server logger: mover finished
Aug 19 03:43:34 server logger: .d..t...... Media/
Aug 19 03:43:35 server logger: skipping "appdata"
Aug 19 03:43:35 server logger: mover finished

but then it looks like your flash got corrupted

Aug 20 03:30:00 server kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8192) failed
Aug 20 03:30:00 server kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8193) failed
Aug 20 03:30:00 server kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8194) failed
Aug 20 03:30:00 server kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8195) failed
Aug 20 03:30:00 server kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8196) failed
Aug 20 03:30:00 server kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8197) failed
Aug 20 03:30:00 server kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8198) failed
Aug 20 03:30:00 server kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8199) failed
Aug 20 03:30:00 server kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8200) failed
Aug 20 03:30:00 server kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8201) failed

then it must have forgot about your share settings, which are stored on flash, because the next time mover ran

Aug 20 03:51:51 server logger: moving "appdata"
Aug 20 03:51:51 server logger: ./appdata/sabnzb/admin/future
Aug 20 03:52:25 server logger: >f+++++++++ appdata/sick beard/config/supervisord.log.1
Aug 20 03:52:25 server logger: mover finished

Put your flash in your PC and let it checkdisk.

Find appdata on your other disks and either delete it or move it back to cache.

And check your share and other settings.

Wow I would not have figured that out.  I followed you instructions and have things back up and running.  If this keeps happening should I get a new flash drive?  Strange that it has done this every couple of weeks.  Thanks for taking time to help me out, it is much appreciated.

So it looks like the same thing has happened again.  The mover has moved the appdata folder.  Also there was a power flicker yesterday and the ups kicked in, not sure if that has something to do with it but I have had problems the backup software not working.  Any suggestions as to what I should do to keep this from happening?  Or what is the root of this problem?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

server-diagnostics-20150828-1354.zip

unRAID stores the array configuration and its started/stopped status on the flash drive in config/super.dat. If the flash is unwritable, it will not be able to save the fact that you had stopped the array, so the next time it starts it will think you had an unclean shutdown.

The current 6.1 release candidate has changed the way mover works so it won't move any share that is on cache unless it is explicitly set to cache-yes, and since the default for shares is cache-no, that might solve the problem of your appdata share getting moved because it forgets what its settings are.

However, 6.1 breaks some plugins, and I think it breaks unMenu as well, though there is a possible workaround for unMenu. If you want to try that look in the Announcements.

Not sure what to suggest about your flash, though. Try fixing it again, and maybe try it in a different port, then keep checking your logs to see if it is still getting corrupted. You may need to replace it.

Archived