Can't change allocation method

Bitbass

I have a user share that has SMB and NFS enabled.  I just ran into a problem where it used up the available space on a single drive and would no longer write to the share.  The allocation method is set to fill-up instead of high-water.  I'm not sure how that happened, or if it's required for NFS.  Regardless, if I try to change it to high-water, it keeps reverting to fill-up.  I also cannot change the minimum free space to anything other than 0KB.  This share was created on 5.0.x, and possibly earlier 4.x versions.  I'm currently on 6.0.1.  Any ideas how to get it to take the new setting?

I have a user share that has SMB and NFS enabled.  I just ran into a problem where it used up the available space on a single drive and would no longer write to the share.  The allocation method is set to fill-up instead of high-water.  I'm not sure how that happened, or if it's required for NFS.  Regardless, if I try to change it to high-water, it keeps reverting to fill-up.  I also cannot change the minimum free space to anything other than 0KB.  This share was created on 5.0.x, and possibly earlier 4.x versions.  I'm currently on 6.0.1.  Any ideas how to get it to take the new setting?

Sounds like possibly your flash drive is read-only.  Maybe shut down the server, pop the flash into a windows / mac desktop and let it repair it.  (Although 6.1RC6+ will automatically repair any file system errors on the flash everytime it boots up)

Archived