Newbie question about numbers of VMs

Really dumb question which i'm kinda thinking i alrady know the answer to inadvance but ... is it legitimate (tell me if it's not) to run multiple instances of the same base Windoze image?

By that i mean 1 licensed base image serving multiple vms or is there licensing issues involved??

I'm guessing that not too many people run individually licensed copies of each vm or maybe they do?

What's the corporate line?

Really dumb question which i'm kinda thinking i alrady know the answer to inadvance but ... is it legitimate (tell me if it's not) to run multiple instances of the same base Windoze image?

By that i mean 1 licensed base image serving multiple vms or is there licensing issues involved??

I'm guessing that not too many people run individually licensed copies of each vm or maybe they do?

What's the corporate line?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm

In section 2, d, iv:

(iv)    Use in a virtualized environment. This license allows you to install only one instance of the software for use on one device, whether that device is physical or virtual. If you want to use the software on more than one virtual device, you must obtain a separate license for each instance.